Agilex is seeking a Raincode Engineer to fill a Homeland Security position in Springfield, Virginia. The position will involve supporting migration of large-scale database applications from DB2 and CA Datacom DB environments to an Oracle Exadata environment. The candidate will have 5+ years of experience supporting data migration. The ideal candidate will have experience architecting and supporting change data capture utilizing the Raincode tool. Experience with DB2 and CA Datacom DB, and Oracle relational databases is also required.
Specific position responsibilities include:
- Architect a Raincode infrastructure to support high availability data synchronization for development and pre-production environments for large-scale federal government systems
- Support major infrastructure requirements such as audit trail and security requirements
- Apply patches and upgrades for the Raincode software
- Support migration of large-scale databases from the mainframe environment to the Oracle Exadata environment
- Perform all day-to-day maintenance and on-going operational support for all Raincode environments in the development and pre-production environments (to include writing necessary scripts, updating Raincode configuration files, starting and stopping Raincode servers and the Raincode environment, troubleshooting issues and taking corrective action)
- Track performance across all Raincode databases and downstream systems
- Development and testing for capacity planning to support future growth in the Raincode tier
- Support migration and/or development teams in debugging their applications as needed
"2011 GREATER WASHINGTON GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR OF THE YEAR ($25-75M category)”
- Customer consultative experience required
- Proven strong innovative and analytical ability with extensive implementation skills
- Proven success in performance optimization
- Must be a team player, and have excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail, and a commitment to quality work
- 5+ years of comprehensive legacy database migration experience
- IBM Mainframe experience to include ISPF, SDSF, z/OS, DB2, CA Datacom Db, Assembler and Control-M
- Experience architecting and supporting Raincode architecture for large production environments
- Experience supporting migration of large-scale applications from legacy Db2 and CA Datacom Db to the Oracle Exadata platform using Raincode
- Experience with IBM Mainframe system utilities such as SQL and TMON
- Experience operating Raincode tool
- Ability to use a design / development inspection process for finding errors
- Experience in supporting federal government systems is preferred
- Must have a B.S. in Computer Science or related area of study
- Must be eligible to obtain a government clearance
Agilex Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D.
Agilex - Realize the Value of Information
For more information, visit www.Agilex.com.
Agilex has quickly established itself as one of our industry’s most innovative and successful firms. We are known for tackling...