Reports to the Vice President of Donor and Community Relations. Responsible for management of the Raiser's Edge donor database (RE), daily gift processing, responding to staff requests for queries, reports & mailing lists, training staff on RE, and reconciliation with the Business Office. As the "hub" of information for donors, contacts and relationships for the Administration Department, the Database Specialist sees opportunities for collaboration and cooperation among team members and clearly communicates these opportunities to the team. Demonstrates highly effective verbal and written communication and analytical and computer skills. Functions include frequent lifting/carrying of materials weighing 10 lbs.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:Database Management :
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date RE Policies and Procedures manual and shares knowledge with staff in an effective, targeted manner.
- Maintains code tables, Constituent Codes, Attributes, Campaign/Fund/Appeal/Job records, User Security and other back end RE functionality.
- Performs regular data reviews to ensure data accuracy, completeness, consistency with standards.
- Completes initial RE training for all new Administration staff, interns, volunteers; completes monthly staff mini-trainings; and completes one-on-one task specific trainings as needed.
- Completes National Change of Address updates & other purchased data updates as needed.
- Regularly reviews data tracking systems for inefficiencies and obsolescence. Revises systems, updates data, documents new systems, and communicates updates with staff as needed.
- Runs the Duplicate Constituent Report and merges duplicates as needed.
- Troubleshoots user issues and works with Blackbaud to resolve outstanding cases.
- Serves as liaison with Information Systems Department, Blackbaud, and other vendors.
- Contributes to effective fundraising operations & data analyses by generating queries, reports, & mailing lists for all donor categories including: individual donors, Major donors, Special Events, Corporate/Foundation grants and churches.
- Completes all cash gift data entry.
- Reconciles reports with the Business Office monthly.
- Works with staff to create segmented mailing lists for direct mail appeals, event invitations, newsletters, annual reports, calendars, holiday cards, and other mailings.
- Generates regular financial & analytical reports: revenue reporting to the Board, budget reports, grant program status reports, and others.
- Creates new reports as needed including standard RE Reports, Crystal Reports and spreadsheets.
- Manages all reports of board fundraising activities, including annual board solicitation process.
- Provides database support for special events: creates mailing lists, sets up reports, reviews Participant data entry completed by other staff, prepares registration lists.
- Creates mailing lists from database and helps to proof information for accuracy. Maintains electronic mailing lists.
- Provides overflow administrative support as needed.
- Demonstrates a commitment to and participates in the development and implementation of continuous quality improvement in all aspects of the position.
- Works effectively with clients, staff, board and community in culturally diverse environment.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor on activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Bachelor's degree or certification in database management and/or five years related experience in a fundraising environment required.
- Strong knowledge of the overall fundraising process, capital and annual campaign management and report generation, major gifts, direct mail list generation, research function, as well as gift processing, receipting, acknowledgement and accounting.
- Raiser's Edge expert. Experience with the following optional RE modules preferred: Tribute, Volunteer, Prospect, Events. Well versed in Microsoft Office products. Experience with Crystal Reports preferred.
- The Database Specialist is proactive and thinks in terms of the big picture with respect to the team and with respect to effective database management.
- Ability to set priorities and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously, strong personal and professional integrity, managerial aptitude, team-orientation, good judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and, in some cases work under short timelines
- Must be a problem solver, customer focus oriented, a good planner and highly organized.
- Strong presentation, computer, communication and well developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain productivity requirements.
- Ability to follow through on deadlines and meet goals.
- Adhere to Agency policy and procedures in carrying out responsibilities.
- Lifts maximum of 50 lbs. occasionally.
- No history of child abuse or neglect.
Lawrence Hall Youth Services - 30+ days ago