Summary: Unloading and loading of luggage, freight and cargo on and off commercial aircraft. Driving and operating small specialized commercial vehicles. Position requires: heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and stretching.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Comfortably and continuously lift/move 70 lbs. of cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport between aircraft, airport terminals and air cargo facilities.
- Frequent bending, stretching push/pulling, stacking and kneeling in small confined locations.
- Move cargo and baggage on and off aircraft and transport it between aircraft, airport terminals, air cargo facilities and other aircraft.
- Operate motorized equipment.
- Read and interpret aircraft weight and balance loading instructions, hazardous material identification labels, aircraft loading manifests, and baggage and cargo routing tags.
- Work is done primarily outdoors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must have strong English communication skill (reading, writing and oral).
- Possess and maintain a valid WA driver license and a good driving record.
- Capable of lifting 70 lbs. consistently.
- Must provide 10 year verifiable Employment and Educational history.
- Must have flexible availability to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be comfortable working in all weather conditions.
- Must pass a FBI 10 year background check as conducted by the Port of Seattle.
- Must present proof of US Work Authorization or Citizenship.
- Must have lived continuously in the United States for at least 5 years.
- Must be able to attend and successfully pass a one-week paid training (8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday).
- Must be able to provide Valid Driver’s License,
Menzies Aviation - 18 months ago