- Load and offload luggage and cargo with the use of conveyor belts or forklifts
- Transport luggage and cargo to various airport locations
- Maintaining ramp and warehouse areas
- Marshaling and pushing back aircraft
- Other duties as assigned
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conducts oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness, and Caring
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record required
- Knowledge of operation of industrial equipment and previous experience preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with an ability to get along with others
- Flexible to work varied shifts, weekends, holidays required
- Able to lift up to 75 lbs on a frequent basis required
- Able to obtain airport security clearance required
- Able to accept a starting wage of $15.91 per hour required
- Able to adapt to performing work according to set procedures
- Able to anticipate needs of others in a fast paced environment
- Able to work at a constant and quick pace for up to two hours at one time
- Able to learn quickly and understand and interpret flight schedules and airline flight destination information
- Must have good attendance and punctuality record
The location for this position is in Bethel, Alaska
This position does not offer relocation assistance.
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Each day, we are guided by our core values of Professionalism, Caring, Resourcefulness, Integrity and Alaska Spirit at work and in our communities. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is posted until filled
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 2 years ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there....