Essential Job Duties:|
1. Being present on the job is required, start time is 5:00 a.m. until finished.
2. Performing pre and post trip inspections on company vehicles as required and ensuring their safe operation. All issues must be reported as required.
3. Delivering products on a timely basis and safely to their assigned designations.(Grocery stores and C-Stores) Must be willing and able to drive 2-3 hours to and from San Antonio and Uvalde and surrounding areas.
4. Operating electric powered lifting equipment, wheelers, sweeper/scrubber, etc., only for their intended purposes and in a safe manner at all times.
5. Adhering to all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as adopted by the Texas Department of Transportation and all State and local driving laws.
6. Adhering to palletizing methods and loading methods for pallets at all times.
7. Handling breakage and old beer according to the department’s established guidelines.
8. Adhering to all administrative functions, such as completing forklift inspection forms, reporting accidents on a timely basis, completing accident forms, etc.
9. Ensuring that all products are kept at their highest level of quality, by strictly adhering to the company’s product rotation programs and code date policy.
10. Assisting coworkers, supervisors, and other employees as needed.
11. Attend all company related meetings as required.
12. Ensuring compliance with all T.A.B.C. regulations.
13. Ensuring compliance with all Company policies, practices, and procedures.
14. Performing any other duties as required by management.
1. Must be able to perform various physical activities to include frequent walking, standing, stooping, kneeling, climbing, and overhead work.
2. Must be able to perform physically demanding work, to include frequent lifting of cases of up to 38 pounds, and the frequent lifting and handling of kegs that weigh up to 161 pounds.
Must be able to frequently push, pull, and handle fully loaded wheelers of up to 355 pounds.
Must be physically capable to operate all applicable company equipment safely.
Valid Class A Commercial Driver's License required. * Driving record within MVR policy guidelines. - No license revocation, suspension, DUI/DWI, careless or reckless driving.
1-3 years of general work experience required. * 1+ years of commercial driving experience strongly preferred.
Familiarity with DOT regulations. * Ability to work with minimal supervision.
Must meet D.O.T. physical requirements.
Steel toed shoes are required.
Must possess good interpersonal/communcation skills as contact with customers, coworkers and supervisors is essential.
Must possess the ability to operate applicable company equipment and company vehicle safely.
Must possess a firm knowledge of all applicable laws that apply to over-the-road drivers.
Must be able to operate 10 speed/gear truck
Silver Eagle Distributors - 20 months ago
Silver Eagle Distributors, headquartered in Houston, Texas is the nation's largest distributor of Anheuser-Busch products, and one of the...