As a Rate Consultant, you will lead teams in the development and preparation of major financial and regulatory projects. Provide technical and regulatory expertise in the development and presentation of major revenue recovery proposals and regulatory filings. Assume lead role and provides expertise in the development of effective cost recovery strategies. Advocates jurisdictional specific positions which further the business objectives of Xcel. Oversee the work of other rate analysts and assist the Manager of Regulatory Analysis in meeting unit objectives. Provides training to other rate analysts on cost of service models. Ensure that the cost recovery and financial analysis needs of the business units are met. Prepare and file extensive expert testimony and stand cross-examination on the most complex contested issues before regulatory agencies.
At Xcel Energy, our customers' quality of life depends on the energy we provide. Every time they flip a switch or turn a dial, they tap into the energy of over 12,000 people working to make life better. As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers.
- Lead project teams to develop and prepare cost recovery proposals, financial reports, and regulatory filings. Develop, advocate and execute on regulatory strategies that enhance Xcel's profitability. Appear as an expert witness for the Company on complex regulatory projects. Analyze intervener testimony to formulate responsive testimony and assist with cross-examination strategies. Participate in the negotiations of settlement agreements before regulatory agencies. Provide information to the Commission/Department when cases are not pending as a Company spokesperson on technical issues.
- Develop and prepare recommendations for effective cost recovery and provide technical and regulatory expertise to the Manager of Regulatory Analysis to support Xcel's objectives. Serve as a liaison with internal departments to support various cost recovery proposals.
- Coordinate with the business units and provide them expert technical and regulatory advice to assist in meeting their business needs. Lead the development of cost recovery analysis and proposals to support business unit objectives.
- Lead the development of jurisdictional cost of service studies for use in regulatory filings and business unit planning to ensure accurate and timely cost information.
- Assist the Manager of Regulatory Analysis in ensuring the effective functioning of the department and the accomplishment of unit objectives.
- Provides training to other rate analysts on cost of service models and other cost recovery models. Actively shares their own expertise on technical matters and provides assistance to other rate analysts and management on technical issues.
- Demonstrate mastery of the cost of service models and other cost recovery models, in order to be able to run various scenarios, as needed for changing circumstances or for analysis of various proposals, either initiated by management requests or during rate proceedings.
Xcel Energy has become a leader in the energy industry by demonstrating excellence in environmental performance. Our environmental commitment includes improving air quality, conserving resources, harnessing renewable energy, and protecting wildlife and habitats.
Xcel Energy's vitality comes from our people. It takes professionals in engineering, customer service, linemen, marketing and sales professionals, energy traders, mechanics, finance and accounting professionals and many others to power our company. We offer competitive compensation and benefit programs that include a range of options and coverage levels
Primary Location: MN-Minneapolis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of Xcel Energy's accounting, budgeting and financial forecasting procedures and systems
- Demonstrated detailed knowledge of the Company's cost of service and revenue requirement procedures
- 10 or more years of rate-related experience, financial analysis experience or regulatory related legal experience
- Ability to appear as an expert witness
- Requires an understanding of federal, state and local regulatory rules, issues and trends
- Must be proficient at database and personal computer analytical and reporting tools
Union Position: Non-Bargaining
Xcel Energy - 13 months ago
Xcel Energy has accelerated its energy engine in utility markets across the US. The utility holding company distributes electricity to 3.4 m...