Excellus is seeking highly motivated Information Technology (IT) / Business Technology (BT) summer interns for an 8-week professional engagement beginning June 3, 2013. The IT department is interested in providing opportunities for top notch technology students who are passionate about IT and interested in staying in Rochester for the summer, and possibly beyond, to further their practical work experience and skills, while bringing a fresh perspective and new ideas to our organization.
• Using IBM Rational Tool Suite (RequisitePro, Rational Quality Manager and ClearQuest), individual would be responsible for user ID setup, user password reset, user ID cleanup, documentation update, project setups, process documentation.
• Working with a technical mentor, provide support to key strategic projects.
• Work assignments and possible responsibilities will vary according to business need and departmental opportunities, in addition to student’s qualifications.
• Students participating in the internship will be placed into a position within areas of: BI solutions, web development, test engineering, rational administration, vendor management, applications, security, project management and technical solutions.
• Existing IT staff professionals will serve as technical mentors and will provide a valuable experience and insights for the successful intern candidate.
• Preferred major: Information Technology, Computer Science, Medical Informatics, or Software Engineering.
• Must have completed at least one class regarding relational database management (SQL, data manipulation, etc).
• Currently enrolled as a student at an accredited university; minimum GPA of 3.0.
• Junior or Senior undergraduate student.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written with the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Ability to work in a fast paced changing environment and deliver high quality work product.
• Ability to work well in a team establishing good working relationships with peers.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks with a strong attention to detail.
• Ability to work at computer for two or more hours at a time
• Reasonable accommodations can be made as needed
• Ability to use a phone and/or TTD as needed
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield - 21 months ago