First Quality is a privately-held group of manufacturing companies who are leaders in their respective field. The organization is run by hands-on owners with dynamic expansion plans to significantly increase the size of the business over the next few years.
We are looking for an experienced Raw Materials Purchasing Specialist for our state-of-the-art, baby diaper manufacturing facility located in Macon , GA . This position will be responsible for purchasing diversified commodities on a competitive basis in the open market as requested by the manufacturing operation group in conjunction with the approval of management.
Primary responsibilities include:
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills:
- Completing purchase orders for maintenance, including order processing, tracking changes, and contacting vendors.
- Expediting delivery of orders, following-up back orders, and making special arrangements for delivery.
- Analyzing specifications of finished products and determines the best source of procurement of commodities.
- Compiling and maintaining information and records to prepare purchase orders.
- Maintaining an up-to-date filing system on pricing and suppliers to ensure immediate and accurate access to information.
- Conferring with Production Planning in determining commodity needs and delivery schedules.
- Acting as a liaison to Quality Assurance in regards to supplier scorecards, quality of materials, material specification, and the certification of suppliers and materials.
- Conferring with Process Engineering on all new product development, trials, and the certification of materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective communications with suppliers and all internal departments.
- Scheduling appointments and attending meetings with suppliers.
- Performing various clerical duties associated with purchasing activities.
- Following necessary GMP, FDA, and ISO regulations/guidelines.
- Observing all safety rules and uses the proper safety equipment at all times.
The company’s philosophy and work environment has been created by an ownership that places a premium on integrity, honesty and teamwork. As important as a candidate’s qualifications, is their ability to work closely with their colleagues and strive in a politics and ego free atmosphere.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or equivalent experience or combination.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Standard knowledge in MS Word, Project Management, and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and suppliers.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to interpret bar graphs.
- Standard knowledge of ERP, MRP, and inventory systems.
Excellent compensation and benefit package!
First Quality - 13 months ago
Consumer paper products and bottled water prevail at First Quality Enterprises (FQE). A diversified group of companies, FQE manufactures and...