City: Cedar City
Postal/Zip Code: 84720
Western Rock Products, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials Mountain West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Batch Plant Operator
Get a jump start on your career and join the Oldcastle/Staker Parson Companies team today! If you seek the opportunity for an outstanding career with advancement potential, come join one of the world leaders in the construction industry.
Controls production and load out of material produced in plants, responsible for schedulint and ensuring timely delivery of oil, fuel, aggregates an supplies to the palnt and performs duties in conjunction with dispatcher’s loading instructions with minimal supervision.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Batch concrete load according to specifications.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix designs.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment.
- Operate equipment safely.
- Must be able to climb man ladder.
- Perform servicing and maintenance.
- Follow verbal and written instruction.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervises 2 to 3 batch plant employees and directs and supervises ready mix drivers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Two years batching-related experience
- Knowledge of mix designing
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance requirements
- Familiarity with aggregate gradations
- Experience with inventory management
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively on radio/phone system
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) Class B required
- Ability and willingness to pass ACI level 1 certification within six months
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully; an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Leadership – Prior experience managing and directing employees
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Supports organization’s goals and values
- Communication – Ability to maintain positive relationship between dispatchers and drivers
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to speak a foreign language a plus
- Ability to operate a front-end loader required
- Ability to operate other heavy machinery a plus
- Must be able and willing to travel to site locations frequently
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Western Rock Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Western Rock Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...