Staker Parson Companies
Job Requisition ID: 25846
Job Type: Driver / Delivery / CDL
Work Time: Regular
State: Arizona (US-AZ)
Postal/Zip Code: 85743
This is a skilled position involving the safe and efficient delivery of ready mix concrete to customer job sites. Deliveries will be made in both commercial and residential areas.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Drives ready mix truck under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement, and water.
· Drives ready mix truck to location for unloading.
· Moves levers on truck to release concrete down truck chute into wheelbarrow or other conveying container or directly into area to be poured with concrete.
· Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on truck.
· Adds and removes extension chutes to mixer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); six to twelve months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
· Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
· Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Must have a valid Class A or B CDL.
· Must have a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move any where up to 100 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
· Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
· Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
· Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
· Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
· Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
· Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
· Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
· Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
· Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
Staker Parson Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Staker Parson Companies is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 10 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...