Property and Portfolio Research (PPR) located in Boston, MA provides unparalleled expertise and objective thinking in analyzing and forecasting commercial real estate markets. PPR sets the pace in offering independent research, a unique set of analytic tools, and actionable insights to investors on hundreds of global markets in North America and Europe. Clients, both public and private investors, range from commercial banks and financial institutions to pension funds and insurance companies as well as government and rating agencies.
The Real Estate Analyst opportunity is for individuals with an unusual combination of high intelligence, analytical acumen, a passion to ask ‘why’ about everything and the ability to communicate effectively to PPR clientele. PPR analysts are expected to be able to develop complex quantitatively-based hypotheses, develop ideas collaboratively with brilliant colleagues, and communicate findings to clients in ways that can command the room and change the minds of smartest investors and decision-makers in the $11 trillion real estate industry. A successful analyst will develop the technical proficiency, understanding of commercial real estate, and PPR’s models and methodology to advance to the role of Real Estate Economist.
This role is based in our Boston, MA, office.
- Consolidate and synthesize data from multiple sources, using Microsoft Access and advanced functionality in Excel including vlookup and pivot tables.
- Analyze data to identify and validate trends that impact client decision making.
- Create impactful charts and slides for client presentations, webinars, and research papers.
- Update data and charts in slides across high-visibility PPR slide decks.
- Leverage the CoStar website, PPR databases, and economic databases to enhance PPR research.
- Perform ad hoc, custom client research and provide support for delivery of work to clients.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree required, concentration in Economics strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical ability and desire to work with data in the commercial real estate industry.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Office suite required (knowledge of advanced functions preferred).
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrated evidence of stellar communication and writing skills
- Must be able to write and speak clearly and to see things from different perspectives.
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Team player that thrives in a collegial environment.
- Excellent time management skills that facilitate working in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity that will promote strong market analysis.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
CoStar Group - 10 months ago
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ — CSGP) CoStar Group (Nasdaq:CSGP) is commercial real estate's leading provider of information, analytic...