Virtus Real Estate Capital
Real Estate Analyst
Salary plus performance based bonus
Virtus (www.virtusre.com) is looking for a qualified applicant to fill a Real Estate Analyst position.
Real Estate Analyst Responsibilities:
- Prepare financial analysis of potential commercial real estate acquisitions including the creation of detailed pro-forma financial models
- Review and analyze preliminary and due diligence investment information received for potential investments including property level financial statements
- Conduct on-going market research to identify additional markets with acquisition opportunities that meet the Company’s current investment strategy
- Review and analyze preliminary investment information received for potential investments including property level financial statements
- Conduct pre-acquisition due diligence, market research and competition analysis for real estate acquisition opportunities
- Prepare thorough and concise investment summaries for acquisition review and decision-making
- Communicate with brokers, owners and other sources to identify potential acquisition properties
- Track existing projects in the acquisitions pipeline database and maintain the pipeline database daily for real-time review by VRE staff
- Evaluate the performance of partnership assets, including reviewing and analyzing required monthly / quarterly / annual operating reports from Sponsors and or third-party property management companies (PMC), against budget and pro forma for each asset
- Document variances to budget and pro forma and provide quarterly reports to senior management, along with recommended follow up actions with Sponsors or PMC’s, as necessary
- Prepare on-going cash flow and forward-looking distribution/contribution analyses for each partnership
- Provide monthly reports to management including proposed routine (monthly/quarterly) partnership distributions
- Coordinate implementation of partnership distributions per partnership requirements with Director, Portfolio Management, Virtus Controller and/or 3rd party partnership funds administrator
- 2-3 years of Commercial Real Estate Analyst experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Economics; MBA a plus
- Obsessive attention to detail and ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects
- Strong analytical and research capabilities with outstanding organization skills
- Self-motivation and willingness to work with a small team in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, demanding environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows based software applications, especially Excel
Compensation based on experience.
Only candidates with the necessary job requirements will be contacted.
SelectLeaders - 18 months ago