This position provides support to the Real Estate Client Team and requires strong interpersonal, organizational, time management, problem solving, and communications skills and a basic understanding of real estate terminology and procedures. This position will interact with colleagues in a team setting and will work directly with paralegals, attorneys, clients and third party vendors and is expected to uphold the image of the Firm by maintaining positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff, and observing confidentiality of client matters.
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain all deal checklists.
• Administrative maintenance of document flow of each deal.
• Create form templates for deal documents
• Create initial draft of specific deal documents
• Work effectively with Client Team paralegals to ensure paralegals are provided with the required support.
• Responsible for following up on outstanding requirements prior to closing.
• Consistently and accurately track progress of all stages of deal and requirements associated with each stage.
• Work with developer to ensure all documents are accurate and up to date.
• Order all required reports and documentation from third party vendors
• Track receipt of all documentation required from borrower.
• Alert deal paralegal of all missing requirements in a timely fashion.
• Work effectively with all departments within the Firm.
• Coordinate and draft documents as needed and follow up on requests and requirements of the project and the Team Paralegals.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
College degree (business or related field preferred). Some work experience in a professional services environment (law firm or real estate related industry preferred).
• Computer proficient with advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook) required.
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills, including record keeping.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate, follow written and/or oral instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with Firm attorneys, paralegals, staff, clients and third party vendors in person, by e-mail and telephone with professionalism, courtesy and diplomacy.
• Exhibit high degree of initiative and independent judgment with excellent troubleshooting and follow-through skills in order to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including computer, telephone, copier, scanner, calculator, facsimile, etc.
Position involves extended computer and telephone use, some use of office equipment, handling of physical files and binders, and office visits among three floors of offices.
Seyfarth Shaw LLP - 20 months ago
Every day is labor day at law firm Seyfarth Shaw, which specializes in handling employment-related matters for its clients. The firm divides...