The Divisional Financial Management Manager is the senior finance representative assigned to PPL’s Real Estate Development division. This individual is responsible for the accuracy of the division’s financial data, reporting, analysis and planning. He or She acts in partnership with the Director of Real Estate Development and is a key member of the divisional management team. He or She reports directly to the CFO but also has a very strong dotted line reporting relationship to the divisional head.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide financial management leadership to the Real Estate Development management team. Maintain a critical financial management relationship with the Real Estate Development Division’s staff, the Director of Real Estate Development, the Vice President of Housing and other senior management. Represent the CFO as the senior Financial Management representative and is considered part of the division’s management team.
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate financial results to provide information and guidance to staff and management. Maintain a three year rolling forecast. Provide financial analysis support to explain any variances to plan, key financial performance drivers and relevant metrics.
- Oversee and maintain all official accounting records in conformance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Manage the division’s monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting cycles to assure that all data is provided on a timely basis and that financial information can be properly consolidated for corporate reporting. Provide written summaries and reports for review of monthly financial performance.
- Assure that internal controls are in place and followed in accordance with corporate policy to complete necessary reconciliations and prevent fraud.
- Maintain effective, timely and clear communications with the Real Estate Development Division concerning all financial management issues including policies, timelines, analytics and program operations.
- Generate transactional data and journal entries as needed to record financial data in the general ledger and supporting application systems.
- Work in partnership with the Property Management Finance Manager to assure the smooth transition of the Real Estate Development projects into the operating phase.
- Work closely with the Asset Manager to insure compliance with reporting requirements and partnership agreements.
- Work closely with the Corporate Controller and Corporate Accounting Finance Manager in the completion of annual financial audits. Assure that all financial data and information as requested by the auditors is available for review in a timely manner.
- Maintain a focus on process improvements and ways to gain greater efficiencies.
Qualifications and Credentials include:
- Manages financial management staff assigned to support the division.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Experience with Affordable Housing, mortgage and public financing, HUD settlement statements, and/or recording title company transactions.
- Strong leadership skills in order to work effectively across the organization and as a partner with divisional staff and management.
- Very strong financial analysis skills needed to assess a division’s financial performance and identify key areas of concern and opportunity. Is able to identify and interpret financial performance metrics and the performance drivers that lead to financial success.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present and communicate ideas and concepts to staff, management and as needed for 3rd parties.
- Experienced financial management and accounting skills including a full understanding of GAAP .
- Ability to plan, delegate, and supervise personnel in a manner which will gain respect. Also has the ability to maintain effective and respected work relationships with the Financial Management staff and divisional staff and managers.
- Understanding of corporate accounting consolidation requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance ( CPA , CMA preferred.)
- 8+ years of finance and accounting work experience.
- Experienced communicator and presenter of financial information to non-financial audiences.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, bend, and communicate. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions. Working conditions are generally safe and comfortable, though exposure to environmental factors may cause discomfort, it pose a limited risk of injury.
Project for Pride in Living, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the organization will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.