Real Estate Loan Officer
Req. # : 115
A+ FCU is seeking an experienced candidate to fill our Real Estate Loan Officer position!
Benefits to working for us as a Real Estate Loan Officer:
The successful candidate will be providing outstanding service to internal members and a variety of loan services to the membership, ensure compliance with legal requirements, lending regulations, as well as internal policies and procedures.
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays/Vacation/Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- In-house training with internal advancement opportunities
Job Duties for the Real Estate Loan Officer include:
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements, lending regulations, internal policies and procedures
- Maintain a working knowledge of all services and operations of the Credit Union.
- Increase the Credit Unions loan portfolio by determining the credit worthiness of real estate loan applications.
- Support a sales and service culture.
- Review and evaluate information on mortgage loan documents to determine if applicant, property and loan conditions meet credit union and governmental standards.
- Submits for processing and underwriting review all loans determined to be eligible under the product guidelines. In addition requests additional information as required by credit union and secondary market guidelines.
- Keep abreast with rates and programs to offer best fit for members needs.
- Assist processors and secondary market with loan information needed.
- Evaluates acceptability of loan to corporations that buy real estate loans on secondary mortgage markets.
- Assist the Director of Wholesale Services to market the credit unions mortgage lending program to companies and individuals within the real estate community.
- Officer aware of changes in the market with relation to loan programs.
- Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
- Cross-sell other credit union products on all mortgage applications.
- Visit A+FCU branches assigned to specific Real Estate Loan Officer and face-to-face meetings with members is part of the daily job requirements of the RE Loan Officer. All mileage two and from branches non-reimbursable. Company cell phone to be supplied at no cost to the RE Loan Officer.
- Maintain records of all contacts.
- Prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Meet Minimum production goals of 5/$500,000.00 closed loans per month.
- High school diploma or G.E.D equivalent.
- A two-year college degree, equivalent work experience as Real Estate Loan Officer (2 yrs.), and/or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
- Four to six years financial institution experience, working within the mortgage lending area with exposure to origination, underwriting, processing and/or closing.
- Strong knowledge of real estate lending guidelines, procedures, policies and laws, and knowledge of secondary mortgage lending and real estate market.
- Basic math/accounting skills, light typing, 10-key calculator by sight, CRT skills, PC data entry skills, verbal and written communication skills.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to research and interpret as well as manage conflict.
- Certifications/Registrations: This position requires registration as a Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and Registry on an annual basis in addition to maintaining updates as needed. Initial registration is required immediately upon hire into this position. Failure to register or maintain a current registry, or any criminal activity that would bar continued participation as a MLO may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- This position requires the completion of the 20 Hour MCE Pre-licensing course within first six months of employment and subsequent Passing of Texas State Licensing Exam. Failure to complete course and pass State Licensing test may result in disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
If you are interested in the Real Estate Loan Officer opportunity, click the APPLY NOW button to submit your resume!
EmploymentGuide.com - 30+ days ago
A+ Federal Credit Union was founded in 1949 by a group of 50 teachers during a picnic meeting at Zilker Park in Austin.