Perform complex property management duties within the department.
ITC Job Responsibilities
- Research and analyze complex requests to use company property and rights-of-way.
- Compare and proof complex legal descriptions to survey/engineering drawings and other maps.
- Communicate property and rights of way information to internal and external parties.
- Investigate and resolve property and rights-of-way complaints.
- Investigate and remedy illegal use of company property.
- Collaborate and liaison with internal departments regarding requests to sell, lease, license, or permit real property, and relocate company equipment.
- Handle the sale, purchase, leasing, and licensing of property with the assistance of a Real Estate attorney.
- Assemble real property records in paper and electronic formats to ensure complete, accurate documentation.
- Ensure real estate instruments are complete, executed, and stored appropriately.
- Record real estate property documents.
- Draft real estate property documents.
- Perform market pricing analysis.
- Travel and patrol to view existing electric transmission facilities, as necessary.
- Prepare maps and drawings to support the franchising process, as necessary.
ITC Job Qualifications
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in Real Estate/Property Management.
- Utility experience preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in total in any combination of the following:
- Ordering and examining titles to determine legal condition of property title.
- Searching and examining records such as deeds, easements, vital statistics, and plat and map books to determine ownership, legal restrictions, and to verify legal descriptions of property.
- Reading and understanding legal descriptions and surveys.
- Writing and preparing metes and bounds description of property.
- Hand mapping legal descriptions.
- Assisting in preparation of leases, grants, deeds, and easements.
- Reviewing appraisal reports.
- Two (2) years of experience in total in any combination of the following:
- Reviewing and evaluating appraisal reports for property documentation, compliance and technical accuracy, including accepting/rejecting appraisal reports and estimating fair market value.
- Ordering new surveys or updating existing surveys, evaluating surveys and conditions shown on surveys.
- Project management and oversight of large and complex right-of-way acquisitions or land management projects.
- Analyzing restrictions and preparing reports outlining restrictions, exceptions and actions required to clear title.
- Checking for zoning ordinances that may restrict use of property;
- Knowledge of Graphical Information Systems and digital mapping;
- Possess sound analytical, problem-solving, and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the Company.
- Focus on results, meeting deadlines, managing multiple tasks, and able to manage changing priorities.
- Ability to use sound business judgment to formulate conclusions and articulate recommendations in a way that is meaningful and valuable.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access).
ITC offers a competitive benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement, tuition reimbursement, and more.
ITC EEOC Statement
ITC Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer.
ITC Holdings Corp. - 17 months ago