W R Systems, LTD has a potential need for a Real Time Software Engineer at our customer site in Norfolk, VA to support the ECDU Project. The position will be full-time at the Little Creek Navigation lab. Position responsibilities to include but are not limited to the following:
Years of experience required
- Develops Real-time processing software navigation systems and associated user interfaces.
- Understands and is capable of handling advanced programming topics such as multi-threading, and scheduling, and concurrency.
- Evaluates interfaces between hardware and software, and operational and performance requirements of overall system.
- Formulates, designs, prototypes, develops, optimizes, tests, and debugs navigation software applications.
- Performs software maintenance.
- Develops software system test procedures, and conducts software testing.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
- Analyzes and estimates feasibility, costs, time, and compatibility with hardware and other systems.
- Using experience and judgment, develops and regularly maintains plans outlining steps and time tables for performing software engineering tasks.
- Performs other assigned duties, as assigned.
- C/C++ required
- Familiarity with CORBA Standard (ACE TAO would be best)
- Network Protocols TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP experience would be a plus
- Experience with Wind River VxWorks (preferably Eclipse Workbench)
- Works onsite at a US Navy laboratory development environment
2 years of experience in software design, development, integration, test and verification of software using with C/C++
Years of education required
Bachelor of Science degree in electrical/electronics engineering, computer/software engineering, computer science, math, physics or related scientific discipline from ABET or an additional 6 years of experience
Possibly 5-15% travel, including potential shipboard travel on occasion
Secret Security Clearance required
W R Systems, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer with a proven track record of high employee retention. We have been providing engineering, science and systems innovations, support and solutions to Public and Private sectors since 1983. We encourage individual growth and provide a flexible work schedule with a competitive benefit package. We acknowledge individual and group achievements through awards, bonuses and various other formal and informal methods.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action / Male / Female / Disabled / Veteran