Research and Development Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Type of Position: Full-Time
The Research and Development Manager position is a hands-on video software engineering position with management responsibility for a small team. The candidate will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating projects. Tasks will include prioritizing work assignments, aligning work across teams, conducting necessary team meetings, and reviewing individual and team performance. The Research and Development Manager will assist the executive team with planning of project goals for video streaming and digital signage products and will report status relative to the development plan. This individual will also be responsible for working with Product Management and Executive Management to help define requirements and drive the execution of the technical roadmap. The selected candidate will have solid experience in the use of Java and C++. The candidate must be capable of leading a small multi-disciplinary engineering team including software, firmware, electrical hardware, and mechanical engineers. The candidate is also expected to assist in improving the team's technical ability, utilization, and overall efficency by establishing best practices and creating individual development plans. The ideal candidate for this role is someone who enjoys being hands on with engineering teams and possesses strong leadership and coaching abilities to help guide successful development strategies.
Firmware Engineering Technical Manager
REQUIRED CRITICAL SKILLS
- BSEE or equivalent, BSCS preferred with 5+ years of relevant engineering experience and 2+ years of management experience.
- Strong understanding of development practices such as Agile/Scrum.
- Broad technical expertise including a strong understanding of programming concepts, database design, system architecture, and a detailed understanding of software product development processes.\
- Experience with video processing including video capture, display, interfacing to compression codecs, video signal formats, and video file formats.
- Excellent leadership, time management, communication, decision-making, presentation, human relations, and organizational skills
- Proven capability as a lead engineer or team manager
- Experience with Java and C++
- Experience developing video applications for Microsoft Windows platform
- Experience with video driver development a plus
- Experience with Macromedia Flash and Flex a plus
- Experience developing video applications for Mac and Linux a plus
- Experience developing Multimedia Streaming, Distribution and/or Video applications a plus.
- Experience developing code in Java Script and XML is a plus.
- Experience with database design is also a plus.
- Experience working with systems that consist of multiple products a plus
- An understanding of networking concepts and experience working with network protocols such as TCP/IP, RTP, and UDP a plus
ClearOne is a global company that designs, develops and sells conferencing, collaboration, streaming and digital signage solutions for audio and visual communications. The performance and simplicity of its advanced comprehensive solutions offer unprecedented levels of functionality, reliability and scalability. More information about the company can be found at www.clearone.com
Please submit resumes to email@example.com
ClearOne Communications - 18 months ago