The Accounts Receivables, Credit and Collections Manager
position is responsible for full ownership over the AR,
Credit and Collections for Sun Products. This position
requires preparation and presentation of non-retail
reporting and metrics to senior management as well as
our internal business and finance groups. Additional
responsibilities may include driving process improvement
efforts by leveraging business management strategies,
project management knowledge and understanding. The
ideal candidate should have experience managing a small
to medium sized team by providing guidance and support
towards meeting goals and objectives. This person will
ensure that workflow requirements are performed in a
timely and accurate manner; maintaining cost effective
and efficient processes; and delivering superior
customer service in support of organizational goals. The
Accounts Receivable, AR collections and Credit areas
provide accounting support to all levels of management
and staff within the organization and provide problem
resolution for internal and external customers. This
position reports to the Corporate Controller.
receipts remittances and ensure that the posting,
- Supervise the high volume processing of cash
coding, reconciliation and reporting functions are
completed in a timely manner and in compliance with
the Finance month-end deadlines.
aging processes, ensuring that accounts are reviewed
- Oversee the auditing of the Accounts Receivable
on a monthly basis; problems are identified and
communicated to senior management.
Receivable, Credit and Collections functions to
- Maintain procedures and policies, including Accounts
ensure adherence to company guidelines.
procedures and features to enhance the workflow of
- Assist in development and implementation of new
objectives for each year and advise on the progress
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and
to enhance the professional development of staff.
department to provide assistance in completion of
- Assign work projects and coordinate within the
outstanding departmental and cross-functional
provide continuance of all essential department
- Ensure that there is sufficient cross-training to
functions regardless of individual vacancies or
chargebacks, overseeing disputes and adjustments
- Manage a significant portfolio of customer
making sure they are within acceptable guidelines
and work to appeal and recover where appropriate
levels, terms and arrangements
- Partner with management overseeing customer credit
business and with the customers
- Develop strong working relationships within the
- Play a key role in departmental and cross-functional
policies and procedures.
- Maintaining and developing strong internal controls,
with sales directors and customer service.
- Manage high risk accounts and work corroboratively
balances and disputes resolution.
- Monitor credit lines, collections, aging of customer
risk, determine proper credit lines and collect past
- Conduct customer visits in US and Canada to evaluate
due balances when needed
Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls.
- Administer and maintain compliance with
and corporate meetings as required.
- Prepare and make credit presentations at regional
arrangements with our Customers.
- Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Negotiate and recommend payment plans and notes
accounts for approval.
- Perform and prepare credit scoring analysis on major
- Assist with company-wide projects as necessary.
- Consumer Products Industry experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA
responsibility within Accounts Receivable
- SAP experience is required
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of progressive professional
Collections and Deductions and Cash Application
- Experience overseeing high volume Commercial Credit,
- Minimum 5 years of management over non-exempt level
Accounting processes and systems
- Knowledge of Collection, Accounts Receivable and
- Experience with Excel and Access is required
- Strong background in corporate collections
- Strong awareness of accounting and finance guidelines
- Highly analytical and detail oriented
- Proven ability to develop new ideas and creative
- Proven ability to work successfully in an ambiguous
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize
- A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed
attention to detail
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong leadership, communication, persuasion,
The Sun Products Corporation is a leading North American
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Customer focus and professional demeanor
manufacturer and marketer of fabric care and household
products with annual net sales of $2 billion.
Headquartered in Wilton, Connecticut, Sun Products was
formed in September 2008 from the combination of
Unilever's North American fabric care business and Huish
Detergents, Inc, a leading manufacturer of private label
laundry and dish products. The Company’s portfolio of
products are sold under well-known brands that include
all®, Snuggle®, Sun®, Wisk®, Surf®, and Sunlight®. In
addition, Sun Products is the leading manufacturer of
retailer brand laundry and dish products in North
The Company employs 3,000 associates and maintains
offices and Research & Development facilities in
Fairfield County, Connecticut; Salt Lake City, Utah and
Toronto, Canada. The Company also operates manufacturing
facilities in Salt Lake City, Utah; Bowling Green,
Kentucky; Dyersburg, Tennessee; Baltimore, Maryland and
Houston, Texas. For more information visit:
The Sun Products Corporation is an Equal Opportunity
Qualified applicants are considered for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or
Job Code : 927
Sun Products - 2 years ago
The Sun Products Corporation believes that its own Sunlight is what everyone needs. The company makes laundry detergents, softeners, and...