Barnes & Noble is looking for people with vision and energy to help us in our quest to change the future of reading. We are the world's largest bookseller and one of the world's fastest growing digital media and consumer technology companies with annual revenues near $7 billion.
Barnes & Noble stores average 25,000 square feet, carrying up to 200,000 titles, and servicing tens of millions of customers weekly. The stores feature the best service, depth of selection and comfortable settings, including lounge chairs and reading tables. Open seven days a week, the stores have evolved to become a place for consumers to learn about digital reading and NOOK, as well as destinations for the widest selection of educational Toys & Games with the roll-out of the new Toys & Games departments. The company is also the leading seller of most popular magazine titles, and through its cafes sells more Starbucks coffee than anyone other than Starbucks themselves.
We are investing in all of our business initiatives, so the opportunities to make an impact have never been greater.
As a Receiver, you are responsible for delivering world-class customer service by properly receiving, sorting, and returning freight. You enrich the customer's experience through your commitment to our four core service principles while on the selling floor and in the receiving area. You have a passion for what you do and support the receiving manager by performing your daily assigned operational tasks.
- Provide world-class customer service by delivering the four core service principles: put the book in the customer's hand, offer to order, offer the Member program, and fast cashiering.
- Process daily receipts, customer orders, and returns according to Integrated Store Operations (ISO) standards.
- Protect company assets by adhering to all inventory and loss prevention standards.
- Maintain an organized and clean receiving area at all times.
- Support the store team by shelving, zoning, and assisting customers in any area of the store when needed, including but not limited to cashwrap, Cafe‚ and specialty areas.
- Help orient new receivers, ensuring a smooth acclimation to the store and our bookselling culture.
- Act with integrity and trust, promoting our bookselling culture and core values.
- You relate easily to others, building rapport and collaborative relationships with the store team.
- You are detail-oriented and accurate when processing paperwork and you work to expand your knowledge and understanding of the business.
- You are an effective listener, sharing your knowledge with your fellow booksellers, contributing to the overall success of your store. You are comfortable in a changing environment, with multitasking, with learning new systems and processes, and with assisting in all areas of the store.
- You comply at all times with the Standards, Policies, and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics set out in the Bookseller Handbook.
- You work in the receiving area of the store and on the selling floor as necessary, which requires physical activity, including maneuvering around the store including back rooms, prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Our stores are open daily, which requires early morning, evening, weekend, and holiday availability.
- You should be capable of using a computer and cash register.
Barnes and Noble is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
Barnes & Noble - 15 months ago
Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE:BKS) is a Fortune 500 company and the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products. We...