This position is responsible for receiving new and returned product as it enters the building, ensuring product is in salable condition that is ready for resale and controlling the inbound flow of the dock.
A teammate in this position will:
- Work the night shift with a start time of 8:00pm
- Examine condition of product as it arrives from various carriers
- Document overages/shorts/damages, expiration dates, product temperature, trailer condition, evidence of pest infestation or product tampering
- Regularly direct outside carriers and contract Unloaders on how to “sort and segregate" product
- Follow and maintain product integrity as required by Silliker quality inspection standards
- Print pallet labels, enter purchase orders into computer and assign doors
- Comply effectively with company work and safety rules
- Continually meet assigned production standards
- Maintain a quality of work that limits mispicks, shorts and damages
- Work independently and in a team environment
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the Distribution Center; work schedules may require working an early shift, staying long for a late shift, and weekend work depending on the customer and operational requirements of the division
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions that may range from 38F to 110F
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop, push, pull, grasp and reach above the head continuously for a period of two hours or more.
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Preferably have previous receiving experience
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...