Store Receiver Position Description
Title: Store Receiver Days Off: Saturday and Sunday
Department: Receiving Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Receiving & Inventory Lead/Store Manager
The primary responsibility of the Store Receiver is to receive and secure incoming freight including counting and checking in items received from both vendors and the warehouse. This position works under moderate supervision and must work closely with other Team Members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Preparing/Staging Product – Logs all incoming shipments according to procedure. Ensures all paperwork (pack-slips, invoices, etc.) associated with a shipment are promptly given to the Receiving & Inventory Lead. Organizes product within the receiving department according to direction given by the Lead.
Checking In Freight – Counts incoming product according to procedure using either an RF Gun or counting by hand. This must be done accurately and in a timely, organized manner. Following procedure, identifies and records apparent discrepancies, mis-ships, and damage, reporting to the Lead as required. Performs detail audits as required.
Labeling – As directed, labels incoming products that do not have pricing/UPC labels.
Communication – Communicates with Lead and other Receivers, as necessary, regarding ongoing tasks.
Forklift Driving – Unloads incoming freight trucks and secure merchandise in designated areas as necessary.
1.) Performs various cleaning and housekeeping duties as needed and directed.
2.) Maintains a clean and safe working area.
3.) Performs other duties as needed.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- One year prior receiving or retail experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- Must be detail oriented, positive, and a quick learner.
- Must be able to stand, walk, bend and lift merchandise for the majority of the workday and lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to work independently as well as with others as a team.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must have the ability to read and write English and have basic math skills.
- Must be dependable. Due to the nature and responsibilities of this position, dependable regular attendance is required.
McLendon Hardware, Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity organization, committed to building a diverse staff team equipped with the knowledge sets and skills needed to provide Legendary Customer Care to each of our customers.
McLendon Hardware - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
McLendon Hardware is a regional, retail home improvement company in the greater Puget Sound area in Washington state.