Accurate physical receiving of materials/product in order to maintain integrity of inventory control, and insures delivery of materials/product to the proper location.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Schedules all inbound deliveries; ensures purchase order number is on all paperwork.
- Receives product deliveries.
- Records and checks quantity and quality of good received.
- Inspect, accept, or reject inbound shipments.
- Communicates and coordinates with appropriate buyer for product returns/repair.
- Properly inputs received material into computer system and forwards proper documentation to accounts payable.
- Delivers product to approprieate personnel and/or location.
- Assists in other warehouse functions as needed
- Punctual and regular attendance
- Wears personal protective equipment
- Maintains safe work environment according to all department procedures.
- Provides customer service; in person, over the phone, and in writing to both internal and external customers.
- Safely operate material handling equipment to move materials to desired location.
- Safety operates crane, hoist, pallet-jack, or power truck to move materials as needed.
Individual must possess these knowledge’s, skills, and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Warehouse knowledge.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices and department manuals.
- Customer service, communication and organizational skills
- Computer/software application skills - word, excel, access and outlook. Max Exact preferred.
- Strong team player.
- Forklift certification
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required frequently: standing, walking kneeling, squatting, bending reaching and work in hot or cold temperatures
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- High school education. 3-5 years comparable work experience.
- Former warehouse experience a plus, preferably in shipping.
- Basic math skills
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential job functions of this job.
- The majority of the time will be inside conditions with protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes. Some work is outside working conditions with no control over weather conditions.
- There are periodic high noise levels and vibration associated with this job. Sources include: engine noise, air compressors, air powered equipment, and other shop noises.
- There are a variety of physical hazards in which there is danger to life, health, or bodily injury, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving equipment, heavy parts, electrical shock, engine and exhaust.
Elliott Equipment Company - 17 months ago
Elliott Equipment Company manufactures the world's leading line of truck-mounted aerial equipment for con-struction and maintenance...