The Receiving Clerk performs daily receiving tasks, inspects shipments and verifies correct items and quantities.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an associate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
- Visually inspects boxes for damage or improper packaging.
- Lays out material according to specifications.
- Matches packing slips to P.O. using descriptions, vendor numbers, MSC item numbers and quantity.
- Creates/updates reports via data entry for departmental use.
- Verifies products using item numbers, descriptions, and quantity through visual inspections, reference manuals or measuring instruments.
- Inspects products for damage.
- Creates and applies bar code labels using MSC item numbers or PO’s.
- Scans labels into warehouse computer system.
- Operates basic warehouse vehicles (i.e. pallet jack and/or forklift).
- Loads, unloads, moves product by hand or skid.
- Assembles set components.
- Handles all incoming transfers (inter warehouse).
- Stages product for putaway bins, overstock and racks.
- Forms and seals boxes with tape gun for overstock and rack.
- Identifies items using visual inspections, reference manuals or measuring instruments.
- Performs research to resolve item or purchase order discrepancies.
- Counts items.
- Enters data.
- Performs to specified productivity and quality expectations.
- Participates in work clean program.
- Performs all duties following safety guidelines.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Moves totes/skids for re-use. Stages product for putaway.
- In order to meet customer service requirements, associates can be temporarily re-assigned to other warehouse functions.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
- INDICATES ESSENTIAL DUTIES
representative of knowledge, experience level and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential duties.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Must obtain MSC license to drive warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- Must obtain MSC certificate to pick DOT regulated items where required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Lifting items up to 75 pounds required.
- Ability to climb ladder 3 to 4 feet required.
- Ability to operate at heights up to 50 feet when required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
- Position may require a valid states driver’s license.
- May be required to work overtime to meet customer’s needs.
MSC Industrial Supply Co. - 2 years ago
Many a small thing has been made large by MSC Industrial Direct's business; the company stands as one the largest US direct suppliers...