Come be yourself with us.
Receiving Coworker with Forkllift Experience ( Logistics Co-worker II) Job Summary: Under the guidance of the Goods Flow Team Leader, complete receiving/replenishment process in sales spaces prior to store opening resulting in agreed goods availability for customer at the lowest possible cost and to secure IKEA as the best home furnishings company in the local market. Core Responsibilities (in addition to Assignment from Competence Profile) Inflow Responsibilities - Perform sales space replenishment with flexibility and volume taken into consideration when merchandising. - Report damages or other inventory differences on articles to Goods Flow Manager. - Utilize article/ product information via IKEA system to secure quality replenishment. - Adhere to in store inventory control procedures. Outflow Responsibilities - Follow IKEA procedures for handling customer returns back to stock. - Verify and inspect consolidated customer order to determine order is completed and precise without any damages - Ensure positive interaction with the customer at the home delivery counter by validating customer information, payment and condition of goods. - Ensure accurate and timely handover of goods to the delivery provider
Responsibilities applicable to both Inflow and Outflow co-workers - Maintain a clean, organized work area following waste management guidelines. - Maintain supplies, tools and equipment in an as new condition. - Adhere strictly to safety and security procedures. - Improve and maintain knowledge on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and range. - Adhere strictly to safety and security procedures including accurate and safe pallet placement in racking - Improve and maintain knowledge on Efficient Goods Flow Concept and range - Assist managers in the training of new co-workers. - Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as they occur. - Contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers. Additional Information : THIS IS AN OVERNIGHT CREW POSITION.
Minimum Competence Requirements
- Work hours range from 12am-11am
- Hours Leve; 2 position: Hours range from 20-32 hrs. per week and requires a minimum availability of 48 hrs. per week.
- Previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Forklift experience a plus.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
external retail experience, supply chain and/or logistics operation experience
- 6-12 months IKEA experience including internal training programs or 6-12 months of
- Ability to handle scanner equipment and applicable computer software
- Previous high volume warehouse or receiving/replenishment experience preferred
- Basic mathematical skills
Essential Physical/Mental Requirements:
- Ability to work in a team as well as work independently with limited supervision
- Service oriented
- Willingness to share your knowledge and learning with other co-workers
- Problem solving skills
between 25 pounds (11 kgs) and 50 pounds (22 kgs), unassisted. This may include
- Ability to frequently move or handle merchandise throughout the store generally
bending, stretching, reaching, and lifting on a regular basis. Any manual lifting over
50 lbs (22 kgs) will require the assistance of other co-worker(s) and/or use of manual
Co-Worker Performance Measurements
- Read, count and write to accurately complete all necessary documentation, if needed
- Freely move across all areas of the store such as sales floor, stock area.
- Operate and use all manual (non-electrical) handling equipment and/or hand tools
- Operate scanner equipment and/or inventory management software
- Communicate with other co-workers, managers and customers on a regular basis.
- Climb ladders, when needed
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities/deadlines and moderate stress.
Certification/Foreign Language Requirements
- Logistics Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Commercial review
- HR Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- VOICE Co-worker Survey
- Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI)
Counter Balance, Reach trucks, Electric Stackers, Order Pickers and Scissor lifts as
- Certification to operate all powered mobile equipment required. Equipment includes:
well as electric jacks.
on business need. Job ID 150834BR Removal Date 11/20/2012
- Ability to speak foreign language not required, but may be recommended depending
IKEA - 15 months ago
Since its founding in 1943, IKEA has offered a wide range of home furnishings and accessories of good design and function, at prices so low...