Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of intellectual instruction
and work experience.
Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Excel,
Word, Access, etc)
Five years of experience in Receiving / Logistics preferred.
Customer Service experiences a plus.
Skill and Ability:
Ability to read and interpret documents and procedure manuals
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates
within the organization across vertical and horizontal lines
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest,
commissions, proportions and percentages and to apply concepts of
basic algebra and geometry
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete
variables in situations where only limited standardization exist
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral,
diagram or schedule form
Ability to multi-task with extreme attention to detail
Job Summary: The Receiving Exceptions Supervisor is responsible for the performance of the exceptions department to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures, continual process improvement and support of the Process Manager of Receiving by coordinating communication, reporting and area based projects. They will provide analytical support, conduct root cause analysis, and own the update and maintenance of reports pertinent to receiving controls in meeting the strategic needs of the department and our business partners with the wider business.
Essential Functions :
Supervise the maintenance of communications that support the business needs
· Supervising the Return To Vendor (RTV) activity from beginning to end, including recommendations for process enhancements that will benefit the business
· Develops and coordinates communication initiatives in partnership with the Process Manager of Receiving in order to provide accuracy and consistency in both internal and external departmental documents.
· Initiate and communicate key messages for purposes of receiving department initiatives.
· Perform analytical work with numbers to track, capture, enter and report numeric information in databases and spreadsheets. Organize high volumes of incoming documents and information. Create filing and tracking systems to keep historical information related to Receiving and make recommendations for improvement
· Prepare and communicate forecast metrics for pending week working collaboratively with the Distribution Center financial planner and Inventory Management group.
Supervise the process to prepare and maintain reports and spreadsheets that support strategic business decisions.
· Supervise the process and resolve Exception Dashboard (OSDE&W/I) issues in a timely manner daily and summarize on a weekly basis. Make recommendations to prevent re-occurrence of the same issues
- Responsible for the timely preparation of documents such as:
- Purchase Order closure and exception reports
- Exceptions Dashboard
- Daily Volume and Variance reports
- Varied Receiving Metrics reports
· Supervise the vendor discount process to maximize the receipt of vendor discounts
· Supervise the receiving scheduling process to ensure established criteria is met, make recommendations for process enhancement and make adjustments as necessary to support the needs of the business
Supervise and participate in receiving projects.
· Collaborate with internal business partners, vendors and carriers as needed to resolve outstanding receiving issues and inventory discrepancies.
The Receiving Coordinator will deal with highly confidential information on a daily basis, and must use good judgment.
- Evaluate all project deliverables for content and quality.
- Identify roadblocks that may impact deliverable dates and recommend alternative solutions. Be comfortable working in a multicultural environment.
- Backup support for reports and spreadsheets for Receiving Management in preparation for coordination of daily dock-to stock, pallet carryover, and related receiving exceptions.
The Vitamin Shoppe - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
Vitamin Shoppe helps vitamin-takers meet their recommended daily requirements. The fast-growing company sells vitamins, supplements, and...