Job Title: Kitting/Receiving/Instant Dept Lead
Functional Area: Production
Division: Food Safety Specialties
Location: Texas-Fort Worth
Country: United States
Employment Status: Full Time
Ecolab is the world's leading distributor of food safety solutions. "Making the world a safer place to eat," Ecolab Food Safety Solutions offers a wide array of food safety products and services including its original day-of-the-week food safety labels, specialized training courses and numerous tools and systems.
The primary responsibility of this position is to be an integral part in the production planning of day to day operations. This includes working directly with the Sales/Marketing team for ProForce and FSS to plan for current and future time-sensitive projects. Other primary responsibilities will be to lead multiple departments with or without Kitting/Receiving Supervisor being available, learn each position in various departments and fill in for absent team members, utilize better than average Microsoft Excel skills to keep real-time inventory of multiple ProForce and FSS items used in kits, etc.
- Leading a diverse team across multiple departments, with or without the Kitting/Receiving supervisor being available.
- Pull inventory reports daily on all of the kits the team builds and posters to be laminated in -house, and help make production planning decisions for the Kitting Team.
- Work closely with the Purchasing Department to notify them of inventory issues and/or needed components for upcoming kits.
- Work closely with the Assistant Marketing Manager for ProForce to plan for future demo kits, rollout programs, inventory ordering, etc.
- Pull information from Excel workbook to help create purchase orders for items from ProForce vendors.
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly inventory audits and keep an updated record of inventory changes or issues in an Excel workbook.
- Setup new ProForce items in SAP and an Excel workbook, and work closely with the Receiving Dept. to arrange the delivery of those items.
- Work closely with Customer Service representatives on custom label order and/or receiving/returns issues, and follow up with action plan emails.
- Help make high level decisions for Receiving Department on incoming items to receive into inventory versus available space/rack locations.
- Help make high level decisions for the Prep-n-Print inventory conversions.
- Ability to successfully fill in for any absent member of multiple departments under the scope of our team, and/or to be an addition to any of the teams based on workload.
- Create labor reports at the end of every week and email them to the temp agency and our Accounting Dept. In addition, create labor and throughput reports at the end of every month and fill in required information for plant metrics reports.
- Lead morning meetings with whole team when Kitting/Receiving Supervisor is absent or unavailable.
- Help train new hires/temporary employees in any of the various departments.
- Help maintain productivity requirements/goals for entire team and ensure team follows company policies.
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or G.E.D. required. Better than average experience/skills in Microsoft Excel (i.e. creating advanced spreadsheets using formulas, linked tabs, item creation, etc.) High mathematics aptitude is required for production planning and keeping/creating
Excel inventory workbooks for ProForce items. Intermediate SAP experience for creating items, completing inventory adjustments, etc. One year of previous experience in the Instant Department, Kitting Department, and Receiving Department required.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read and write English. Must be able to confidently attend meetings/conference calls with higher level Sales/Marketing personnel and other supervisors/managers. Must be able to speak for and represent team when Kitting/Receiving Supervisor is not available or is absent. Must be able to create legible and concise emails to upper management, Accounting Dept., ProForce, etc. with detailed information including pricing and calendar planning for projects.
- Organizational skills must be well above average. Production planning requires efficiency, organizational skills, and time management excellence.
- Desktop PC SAP experience is required for FSS and ProForce functions. Handheld RF gun scanner experience a plus.
AutoReqId : 30044BR
A trusted partner at more than one million customer locations, Ecolab (ECL) is the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies...