Are you looking to start your career? Or are you are looking to stay busy while earning a little extra dough? Well if you answered yes to either of these questions and you have a hankering for helping people you may want to consider a job in your local Orchard Supply Hardware store. We are always accepting applications for Cashiers, Sales, Pick-up and Receiving. While we may not have an immediate opening, we still want to know about you.
Orchard Supply Hardware has deep roots in California. Founded in 1931 as a farmer’s cooperative in San Jose, California, Orchard has grown to be California’s “large” hardware store. We wouldn't have been around this long had it not been for the hard-working, enthusiastic, and entrepreneurial individuals that made working at Orchard their career.
The Receiving Lead is responsible for the overall operation of the Receiving Department, ensuring merchandise is register ready and available to the customer when the customer desires. He/she is responsible for receiving and shipping merchandise to and from the Distribution Center, outside vendors, stores, and completion of all required paperwork. In addition, the Receiving Lead will assist customers with loading of “drive by” pull-tag merchandise. The Receiving Lead acts as a leader in the store and is a critical member of the store leadership team.
1. Responsible and accountable for shipping and receiving of merchandise to and from the Distribution Center, other stores, and outside vendors following prescribed procedures.
2. Ensures the Receiving Department prepares merchandise to be register ready and available to the Customer when the Customer desires:
o Communicate and coordinate with sales department personnel concerning store merchandise.
o Operate a 24 (48 or 72) hour turnaround on merchandise received.
o Merchandise properly and accurately marked (scanned): all warehouse, direct and nursery deliveries.
o Merchandise delivered to sales floor undamaged and in good condition.
3. Responsible for controlling expenses and losses:
o Manage the receiving paperwork and computer records to ensure accurate data is timely on all receiving record keeping.
o Ensure accurate receipt of merchandise and adherence to the operating process.
o Follow through on defective merchandise, ensuring merchandise is properly credited, returned to warehouse/vendor, or marked down.
o Prepare and assist with physical inventory.
o Protection and maintenance of company assets and property.
4. Responsible to select, train and retain good associates:
o Promote a positive associate relations environment.
o Train and develop associates to understand and perform.
o Evaluate department associates through performance evaluations.
5. Responsible to communicate to all receiving personnel a clean and safe work environment:
o Maintain clear “drive by” for customer load out.
o Ensures all associates use weight belts, proper safety knives and all other safe work practices or equipment.
o Ensures merchandise is delivered to sales floor in a safe manner.
o Ensures forklift, baler, compactor, and pallet jacks are kept in proper working condition.
· High School Diploma/GED
· 1-3 years of general retail experience or equivalent experience (Receiving preferred)
· Previous retail experience as a department lead preferred
· Experience with forklift, pallet jack, cardboard baling machine, compactor, dock levelers and/or other material handling equipment
· Excellent communication skills; verbal, written, listening
· Ability to supervise and oversee a team
· Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
· Requires knowledge of the organization, products, and/or services
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
· Change Management skills
· Strong organizational and team skills
· Ability to work in stressful situations with the public, co-workers and management
· Professional approach – ability to work harmoniously and productively in a team environment and to respond appropriately to coaching and supervision
· Functions effectively and ability to complete tasks with limited direct oversight and supervision
· Demonstrated positive energy and quickly builds trusting relationships
Orchard Supply Hardware - 19 months ago
Orchard Supply Hardware supplies California's do-it-yourselfers. It operates more than 85 home centers in the Golden State, from Los...