The primary responsibility of a Receiving Merchandise Processor is to receive and stage all inbound cartons. This position will serve as a back up to the Receiving Clerk role as needed. The Receving Clerk job duties are listed below, and include the responsibilites listed below.
- Create receipts, scan, and ensure that all test store merchandise is staged in shipping for rollout.
- Schedule inbound freight.
- Research P.O.’s on Imports.
- Key receipts into IBM/Access.
- Coordinate with management to resolve P.O. issues.
- Communicate vendor/carrier issues to management.
- Key all vendor non-compliance.
- Fax/communicate with inbound carriers and traffic department.
- Disseminate accurate reports of receipts.
- Cross train in other departments.
- Other Receiving duties as assigned.
- Receives all inbound cartons by unloading trucks
- Inspects, scans (via scanner) and labels cartons
- Pulls/delivers cartons to appropriate locations
- Processes cross-dock cartons
- Unboxes GOH merchandise (garments on hangers)
- Updates system
- Palletizes cartons
- Performs data entry via PC/RF
- Operates manual pallet-jack
- Achieves production (UPH) standards in all areas
- Achieves quality (IQA) standards in all areas
- Works with team members in support of process improvements and cost reductions
- Understands team objectives within assigned work area; applies basic skills and procedural knowledge within assigned work area
- Responsible for reporting to work on time for scheduled shift, using time clock system
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Perform basic math skills
- Good hand/eye coordination
- Ability to work independently or as a team, as assigned
- Quality conscious
- Previous PC/RF experience preferred; basic keyboarding skills; computer literate (knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Ability to be flexible; may be required to work in other areas; extended hours and overtime will be required as requested
- Must have High School diploma or GED
- Distribution center experience preferred
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, reach, grasp, bend and stoop for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to work around moving machinery/equipment (i.e. sorter) for up to 8 hours at a time
- Ability to stand for duration of work shift and walk/move continuously
- Ability to adjust to climate changes; hot and cold extremes may occur (distribution center)
- Ability to work in a consistent and repetitive work environment (movement)
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds; weight requirements may vary within each department
J. Crew Group, Inc. - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
J.Crew debuted in 1983 with the mailing of its first catalog. Six years later, we opened a flagship store at New York's South Street...