The Receiving Supervisor is responsible for establishing and maintaining all tasks involved with smooth, daily operations of the receiving area and processing of store merchandise to the sales floor and stock room. The Receiving Supervisor will utilize computer systems and operational processes to maintain accurate inventory and minimize shrink, while being flexible and open to working on the sales floor and helping facilitate the "Customer First" philosophy.
- Execute all aspects of the receiving process verifying merchandise deliveries according to company standards.
- Ensure, when applicable, each Customer receives exceptional service by providing a personal shopping experience which includes the meet, sell and close. Reinforce steps by maintaining outstanding standards and all other components of the "S.E.L.L." program.
- Accurately process all returns-to-vendor, transfers, re-wraps and salvage merchandise in adherence with company policies and procedures.
- Mange the confirmation process of ship-to-store orders.
- Ensure an orderly and neatly maintained stock and receiving area.
- Perform cycle counts.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintain a positive, guest-centric attitude by listening, understanding and responding to guest needs while being committed to the Customer First philosophy.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with all associates and guests.
- Thorough knowledge of processing information and merchandise via a computer and POS register system; operate and use all equipment necessary to run the store.
- Have a working knowledge of word-processing, spreadsheet, inventory, Internet and order processing systems.
- Ability to read, write, analyze and interpret business reports, correspondence and procedures effectively while also accurately presenting information and responding to questions.
- Freely access all areas of the store including sales floor, stock area and register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, climbing, crouching and kneeling and lifting and/or moving up to 50 (fifty) to 100 (one hundred) pounds at any given time.
- Work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Technical proficiency and comfort with computer operations including, but not limited to, the Internet, Microsoft Outlook and Windows operating system.
- 6 months to 1 year of related experience