Receiving Team Lead
Academy hourly associates have the opportunity to work with great sports and outdoors products in a fun, fast-paced environment. With flexible shifts and a great atmosphere, Academy is looking for sports and outdoors enthusiasts to staff our stores! Some of the duties we expect of our associates include the following:
- Responsible for smooth and efficient operation of receiving.
- Responsible for supervising receiving associates including assigning work, training on receiving procedures, and reviewing quality of work.
- Supervise receiving and unloading of trailers.
- Secure drop trailers.
- Monitor back door as trucks are unloaded.
- Prepare trailer for return.
- Oversee distribution of freight to sales floor.
- Supervise removal of debris from sales floor.
- Pull packing slips from transfers and spot check for shortages.
- Check in security totes.
- Communicate with Distribution Center to report issues with shipments.
- Complete and submit necessary paperwork in a timely manner.
- Oversee housekeeping duties, assist as necessary.
- Ensure compliance with Academy policies and procedures to maintain a safe, productive environment for associates and customers.
- Manager on Duty (MOD) responsibilities when assigned.
- Required to learn company policies and procedures.
- Duties may change and associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Previous related work experience required.
- Acceptable level of hearing and vision to perform job duties.
Academy Sports & Outdoors is one of the nation,s largest sporting goods retailers, operating over 80 stores across the southeastern...