The purpose of this position is to maintain and enhance NEP’s equipment inventory database in order to continue to increase inventory accuracy and to assist with manufacturers, suppliers, and purchase orders. Another key purpose for this position is to ensure the timely receipt of equipment from suppliers.
· Contact suppliers to check status of purchase orders and ensure that merchandise, supplies, and equipment will be received by Requested Date.
· Obtain Order Acknowledgements from suppliers and update Promised Dates in the ERP.
· Communicate shipments delays to company personnel.
· Work closely with Supervisors and IT Department to document and implement proper asset / inventory tracking procedures to optimize inventory accuracy.
· Interface w/ and act as a liaison between engineering departments at 2 Beta and UPARC.
· Reconcile equipment scanned to job numbers after the job is returned and scanned.
· Identify and reconcile equipment that was sent back inadvertently.
· Review home locations in the database, report discrepancies, and make adjustments.
· Regularly review expensive inventory items on and reconcile when necessary. (i.e. repair) subsequent end of season load out.
· Audit internal locations and reconcile regularly using inventory reports on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.
· Assist the Purchasing Director with the administrative tasks of purchase orders and purchasing activities.
· Post work schedules and asset/inventory information.
· Coordinate with other receiving functions in other locations as necessary.
· Other duties as assigned.
· A Technical Degree or Bachelor’s degree is preferred; however various combinations of education and experience will be considered.
· 2+ years experience with receiving/expediting, asset management and inventory control.
· Capable of working the entire MS Office suite, especially Excel. Crystal reporting system experience is a plus.
· Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated ability to organize vast amounts of data.
· Demonstrated ability to multi-task several priorities and possess solid time management skills.
· Ability to be a self starter and initiate projects.
· Must be able to work individually as well as in a team environment.
· Must be w illing and able to lift/push/pull up to 50 lbs., and be willing to seek assistance for anything over 50 lbs. (should not seek to do over 50 lbs. without assistance).