The Receptionist performs receptionist and diverse business office duties that are technical and detailed. In performing these duties, the Receptionist is the first point of contact for anyone coming to the Community.
Areas of Responsibility
residents, family, staff and vendors.
- First point of contact – via telephone and walk-in traffic – with prospects,
manner; ensuring a welcoming Community atmosphere is established.
- Greet all guests, visitors, residents, and vendors in a positive, friendly
Approach all encounters with residents and employees in a friendly,
- Interface daily with staff, residents, prospects, families, and vendors.
Office Manager, Community Director and Company policies and
- Develop and maintain files according to the direction of the Business
information deemed as such.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident, staff or Community
manuals as directed.
- Assist the Business Office Manager with Purchase Orders.
- Respond to emergencies and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Responsible for the generation and maintenance of various reports and
Department, the Business Office Manager, and the Community Director.
- Provide support to various Department Heads, the Sales & Marketing
Company Work Order system.
- Receive resident requests for maintenance in their apartments using the
vendors to the appropriate party.
- Answer the telephone, take messages, greet and direct visitors and
incoming and outgoing mail, courier services and packages.
- Responsible for the daily retrieving, preparing and distributing of both
including guest book and activity report package.
- Prepare correspondence and maintain other documents as required
Community. Direct all large deliveries to the service area and notify the
- Accept and sign for all package and courier service deliveries to the
appropriate Department Head to meet the delivery person.
in using the guest register book. Detain and report any visitors that are
- Communicate with all visitors as to their business. Have the visitors sign
not conducting legitimate business on the Property or are soliciting
secure doors as necessary (if applicable).
- Monitor audible door alarms that indicate an entry door(s) is not secure;
- Monitor and respond, per Community policies, to all resident call and fire
situation to the Business Office Manager as discovered and take
- Report any and all deferred maintenance, vandalism or hazardous
appropriate action as necessary.
include wearing appropriate attire and name tag when on duty.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which
introduced to Sales & Marketing.
- Greet all potential residents and their families by name and have them
independently or a change in resident’s behavior. Report all signs to the
- Be constantly watchful of signs that residents are not able to function
Business Office Manager following the Company policies and procedures.
enforcement as necessary.
- Assist emergency medical personnel, fire department and/or law
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one (1) year experience as receptionist in a professional
machine, calculator, and multi-line telephone system.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate Microsoft Office programs.
- Must have working knowledge of office equipment such as copy
be able to multi-task.
- Must pay attention to detail, be organized and flexible/adaptable, and
- Must have demonstrated teamwork skills and be able to work under
signs or symptoms of a communicable disease including tuberculosis
- Must have a positive Background Screening, pass a physical having no
where required. Freedom from tuberculosis must be documented on an
annual basis where required.
free work place.
- Must adhere to our substance abuse policy, as the Community is a drug
ALLEGRO SENIOR LIVING - 2 years ago