Universal American is a New York Stock Exchange company with annual revenues of more than $2 billion. Through our family of healthcare companies, we provide health benefits to people covered by Medicare and/or Medicaid. We are dedicated to working collaboratively with healthcare professionals in order to improve the health and well-being of those we serve and reduce healthcare costs.
Well-capitalized and highly entrepreneurial, Universal American has been on the cutting edge of healthcare for more than 21 years. We offer Medicare Advantage plans to people with Medicare. We partner with providers in Accountable Care Organizations that serve people with Original Medicare. And we provide array of healthcare services to states, municipalities, health plans and other entities in the world of Medicaid. In everything we do, we focus on improving the coordination of healthcare through collaboration between payers, providers and patients to achieve the best health outcomes possible.
Receives and routes incoming calls, greets visitors, maintains visitor log & badges and provides general information and assistance to the public. Receives incoming mail and routes assists in preparation and distribution of company materials; performs routine office support functions, including word processing and filing; and performs related duties as assigned.
• Receives and screens all incoming calls & routes calls to the appropriate personnel. Greets and welcomes visitors courteously and promptly, maintains visitor log & badges. Provides general information & guidance to callers & visitors. (50%)
• Receives incoming mail and deliveries. (5%)
• Provides clerical support (scanning, faxing, copying, data entry, mailings) to Executive Office administrative staff. (25%)
• Orders office supplies as needed for executive Office, and communicates with other UAM location employees as directed. (10%)
• Schedules Executive office lunch Meetings in Executive Board Room, and orders select items as needed. (10%)
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent telephone and customer service skills.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Minimum 1-3 years of receptionist, clerical or administrative support position in an office environment is required or a combination of related education and training.
• Previous experience using multi-line telephone system and receptionist functions.
• Experience in customer service and customer service interaction.
• Experience in a healthcare setting and/or managed care experience preferred.
Universal American Corp. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
Work is performed in a professional office setting, business casual dress environment. Working extended hours may be required as needed.
The physical demands for this position include exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. This is considered sedentary work, which involves sitting most of the time; walking and standing are required, as well on occasion. Telephone work and/or computer work are typically required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
APS Healthcare, Inc. is a comprehensive managed behavioral healthcare company focusing on the management of mental health services and...