Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: Learning Services: SSS Pay Type: Hourly Months Per Year: 9 Hours Per Week: 40 Salary Plan: CLS Grade: G15 Min Rate: $ 12.35 Max Rate: $ 18.29
Salary Range Information
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on the Grade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience. “Grade” refers to position or job classification and “Step” refers to number of work experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Grade for the position step 1. For further advancement on our classified salary schedule you can do the following:
Work Experience Credit for Placement on Salary Schedule:
Classified employees will be granted one (1) step up to the maximum of five (5) steps for previous work experience(s) in a like position(s), which includes in-district and out-of-district work experience. Work experience credit is based on hours as posted in the Classified Master agreement. Responsibility for verification of outside experience shall rest with the individual employee.
If the above is done within first (90) calendar days of employment, their salary shall be retroactive to the employees’ current/new position start date.
For further explanation of salary placement please refer to our Classified Master agreement that can be found on our district website.
Department Marketing Statement
Bilingual (Spanish) Required. Please indicate on the on line application under Language Skills your level of Spanish proficiency. You application will be screened out if this section is not completed
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for greeting, welcoming and assisting callers and visitors to the school/office; performing general clerical duties; supporting a specific office/department function or process as assigned; communicating with students, parents, district staff, and/or community to respond to problems/issues and/or to assist during emergencies and drills.
Work Year: 10-12 months
Bi-lingual Spanish Required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Greet, welcome and assist callers and visitors to the school/office. Manage a multi-line phone console including answering incoming calls, responding to callers’ inquiries, forwarding callers to appropriate individuals or voicemail boxes and taking and forwarding messages. Assist visitors, answer inquiries, explain basic school/district procedures and requirements, monitor sign-in log, issue visitor passes, provide information and direct individuals to appropriate areas and meeting rooms.
2. Perform general clerical for a specific office or department function and may include creating and maintaining files; dating, time stamping and distributing materials; typing labels; typing and updating lists, bulletins and announcements; recording menus and creating staff lists for the voice mail system, taking requests for new phone equipment, making appointments and room reservations; updating calendars; sorting and distributing mail; accepting front desk deliveries, assembling packets and distributing packets/information, stuffing envelopes, preparing mass mailings; faxing or mailing requested information; replenishing office and forms supplies; updating and/or maintaining computer data
3. Communicate with students, parents, office personnel, school staff, administrators and/or other district employees to respond to problems/issues and/or to assist during emergencies and drills.
4. May assist in coordinating and carrying out special and/or projects of the assigned office/department, such as graduation, student or employee recognition ceremonies/events, back-to-school nights, college application days, etc. Provide back up to other office personnel and/or functions as needed.
5. May assist with training and monitoring the duties and attendance of student assistants and/or volunteers.
6. Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one year of clerical, secretarial and/or receptionist experience.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Strong interpersonal relations skills.
- Strong customer service and public relations skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of district/school policies and procedures required within 1 month of entering position.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures.
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
How To Apply
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers, peripherals and Microsoft Office.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, 10-key, etc.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with multi-line telephone systems preferred; required within 2 weeks after hire.
- Operating knowledge of applicable software applications required within 1 month after hire.
- May be responsible for assisting with training and monitoring the duties and attendance of student assistants and/or volunteers in the office or at the front desk.
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 14 months ago