Under immediate supervision of the Human Resources Manager and following prescribed departmental, office and firm procedures, the Receptionist is responsible for handling the office reception areas, answering internal and external switchboard calls, and performing other general reception duties. Receptionists are expected to perform all responsibilities with a commitment to providing superior service to the firm’s attorneys, advisors and staff, and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork and continuous improvement. Above all, the Receptionist must fulfill the needs of the firm in a manner which is consistent with the Firm's Core Values.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities (Duties are performed throughout every work day, as necessary):
Other Duties (Duties are performed periodically, as necessary):
- Greet, welcome and announce clients and visitors to the office.
- Answer telephones (internal and external calls); take and transmit messages to office personnel, clients and visitors.
- Assign visiting attorney offices and conference rooms and maintain the log.
- Schedule conference rooms and consult with appropriate personnel to coordinate conference room functions.
- Serve as Receptionist for special office events (conferences, symposia, training programs), and direct outside visitors to their destinations.
- Notify Director of Administration and Partner in Charge of security concerns.
- Perform clerical and administrative projects as assigned by supervisor.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities:
Educational/Job Experience Requirements:
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Extensive knowledge of and proficiency on telephone and voicemail systems, including basic and advanced functions
- Excellent telephone manner and oral communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of office procedures for conference room and food service scheduling
- Ability to handle difficult situations with discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Familiarity with office and firm personnel
- Familiarity with office space (location of specific departments, offices, conference rooms, etc.)
- Ability to operate office equipment and technology used on a regular basis, including computers and telephones
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow instructions
- Ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to handle many tasks simultaneously
- Ability to perform clerical tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work with a wide range of people in a team setting
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with clients, vendors and others outside the firm
- Ability to establish effective working relationships within the department, office and firm
- Strong service orientation
- Legible handwriting
- Excellent organizational and record-keeping skills
- Commitment to the office and firm
- Commitment to professional growth and development
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Receptionist, preferably in a professional services environment
Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP
2029 Century Park East, Suite 2400
Los Angeles, CA 90067-3012
STRICTLY PRINCIPALS ONLY
Founded in 1945, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, a leading international law firm, numbers more than 900 lawyers with offices in Austin,...