Under general supervision, assists and greets customers by answering phone calls, providing appropriate information in a prompt and courteous manner. Schedules appointments by phone or in person, and provides excellent customer service. Clerical and Data Entry Support as indicated.
1. Manages the front desk reception area including phone calls, visitors, customers. Receives drop-in visitors and attends to visitors.
2. Assists in preparing various reports.
3. Provides general directions and information to all callers, visitors and provides assistance as needed.
4. Manages incoming and outgoing mail, postage machine, FAX machine operation and logging of use and maintenance of the reservation log for the center’s meetings rooms.
5. Monitors front desk supplies, copy, fax, name tags, message books, sign in sheet.
6. Orders postage as needed, maintaining daily postage log.
7. Logs all incoming/outgoing faxes and routing to appropriate department/staff persons.
8. Sorts all mail by program or staff person; calling key staff when checks come.
9. Receives/signs for/logs all incoming packages.
10. Trains back-up staff as needed; ensuring front reception area is maintained in a presentable manner.
11. Transfers calls from answering service and takes all messages.
12. Responsible for patient flow in the reception area.
13. Directs patients to appropriate member of the inter-disciplinary team.
14. Verify Medi-Cal eligibility status for participants.
15. Responsible for the preparation of patient charts.
16. Responsible for keeping reception area clean and supplied with necessary forms.
17. Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
18. Assist with data entry and clerical support.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
2. Previous experience in a medical office environment preferred.
AltaMed Health Services Corporation - 17 months ago
We promote a comprehensive continuum of care, assisting individuals and their families from birth through the senior years, regardless of...