Receptionist - 08986 |
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. , one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
At Arthur J. Gallagher Risk Management Services (AJGRMS) , we deliver a full range of insurance and risk management products and services, including traditional and loss-sensitive coverages, captives, alternative risk solutions, and financial products, from offices throughout the United States and Canada, and operations in Bermuda and Puerto Rico.
Position Summary :
The Receptionist receives and directs visitors, salespersons and customers to appropriate locations and parties; answers incoming telephone calls directing them to appropriate recipient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a single or multiple position telephone system
- Greets incoming guests and notifies the person with whom they are meeting upon their arrival
- Maintains the appearance of reception area throughout the day ensuring a professional image
- Maintains a visitor's log and issues building access or name badges when necessary
- Provides basic information to visitors and callers
- May perform related clerical work such as word processing
- May use company intranet, paging or other computer-based systems
- Additional duties may include filing, sorting, mail distribution and completion of special clerical projects
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED
- Associates degree, professional certification or equivalent training and experience
- At least two years directly applicable experience
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
- Professional and courteous demeanor
- Professional verbal and telephone communications
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement, which require, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co
- 2 years ago - save job