Do you consider yourself a multi-tasker and great communicator?
Are you someone who enjoys working on a computer and has first-rate organization skills?
If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you! The Facilities Department is currently seeking a Reception to help serve Ashford University’s Tennis Center. The Reception will have the opportunity to provide customer service through phone, email and walk-ins. This position is perfect for someone who enjoys helping people and keeping busy throughout their day!
The Receptionist position is a full-time employment opportunity at the Tennis Center. The Receptionist is to serve as Ashford University’s first impression to the public, in person and over the phone. The Receptionist reports to the Senior Administrative Assistant.
Essential Job Duties:
• Working knowledge of Micro Soft Outlook, Excel, and Word.
• Coordinate meetings, conference calls and events.
• Answer and screen all incoming calls.
• Record, track, and respond to incoming correspondence.
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail, faxes and FedEx.
• Maintain files and information systems.
• Cultivate positive relationships with departmental staff and provide administrative support to departments, as assigned.
• Travel to and from business locations as needed.
• Assessing and proactively taking on new (“ad hoc”) duties as needed.
• Performs all assignments in accordance with Ashford University’s approved procedures.
• Meets all Ashford University quality expectations in assigned tasks.
• Administrative Duties as assigned.
• Assists various departments with numerous projects and tasks.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Excellent communication skills, both in person and over the phone.
• Professional, upbeat and flexible attitude.
• Extremely dependable and reliable.
• Ability to work independently.
• Works well with others.
• Keying / data entry skills.
• Good organizational skills.
• Very detail oriented.
• Internet savvy.
• Ability to be discreet, professional and confidential.
• High School Diploma or GED preferred.
For additional information about our University, please visit www.ashford.edu.
Physical Requirements :
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee requires dexterity in using telephone, computer keyboard, mouse and calculator while seated at a desk. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee may frequently move to interact with fellow employees and/or clients. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Communication Skills: While performing Duties of the job, the employee is required to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence and memos. The employee requires the ability to write effective and detailed correspondence and to effectively present information both in one-on-one and small group situations.
Mental Demands: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to deal with stress associated with a fast-paced work environment and multiple priorities/tasks. The employee will be required to make judgment decisions and adapt to changing work situations, grasp and apply new ideas, communicate with various personalities at all levels and have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed instructions.
Work Environment: While performing duties of this job, the employee is required to work in an office environment, and the noise level is usually moderate to loud .
Note : This opportunity of employment will require a completed pre-employment screening to be inclusive of, but not limited to: a criminal background investigation, a credit check investigation, verification of education credentials, verification of prior employment history, professional reference checks and public social media postings; with review prior to an offer of employment being extended. As an employer, we participate in E-Verify. To learn
more please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Notice to Prospective Employees
As required by the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security
Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (the “Clery Act”), prospective employees
are entitled to request and receive a copy of Ashford University Annual
Campus Security Report. The Report can be accessed a t 2011 AU Campus and Safety Report . The report includes certain campus safety policies and statistics
on reportable crimes and incidents that occurred on campus, in certain
off-campus buildings, and on public property immediately adjacent to campus or
accessible from campus for three previous years. The policies include
campus security policies, crime prevention, and alcohol and drug use, and
sexual assault, among others. To obtain a paper copy of the report,
please contact HumanResources@bpiedu.com .
Wait, there’s more… For more up-to-date news follow us on Twitter: @AshfordUCareers
You can help people change their lives when they choose to pursue higher education and earn a degree from Ashford University. With more...