This is a provisional appointment.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the position):
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager the Receptionist will be responsible for the operation of the switchboard, directing calls to the appropriate persons, and take messages.
- Greets visitors and inform appropriate party of their arrival.
- Performs clerical functions (typing, mail, etc.).
- Provides programmatic information to general public.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- Ability to provide information clearly and concisely to the general public.
- Ability to take accurate information over the telephone.
- Working knowledge of office machines including photocopiers.
- Ability to type, familiarity with MicroSoft Office Suite preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
C.O.R.I./S.O.R.I. check required.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU/CC-4
Hours per week: 35
Please refer to the Salary Information section on the Boston Career Center site for more information on compensation. For each Salary Plan, salaries are listed by Grade and Step.