This is a provisional appointment.
Brief Job Description (essential functions of the position):
Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager the Receptionist will be responsible for the operation of the switchboard, directing calls to the appropriate persons, and take messages.
- Greets visitors and inform appropriate party of their arrival.
- Performs clerical functions (typing, mail, etc.).
- Provides programmatic information to general public.
- Performs related work as required.
Minimum Entrance Qualifications:
- Ability to provide information clearly and concisely to the general public.
- Ability to take accurate information over the telephone.
- Working knowledge of office machines including photocopiers.
- Ability to type, familiarity with MicroSoft Office Suite preferred.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and focus on detail as required by the job.
C.O.R.I./S.O.R.I. check required.
BOSTON RESIDENCY REQUIRED
Union/Salary Plan/Grade: SEIU/CC-4
Hours per week: 35
Please refer to the Salary Information section on the Boston Career Center site for more information on compensation. For each Salary Plan, salaries are listed by Grade and Step.
Boston Public Schools - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -