Job Number: 010980
Brookdale Senior Living Inc. (BSL) a publicly traded company (NYSE: BKD)
Want to become a member of our professional team and work for the largest senior living provider in the United States?
Consider joining our team at Grand Court Kansas City located in MO!!
Brookdale provides lifestyle solutions that create the most fulfilling experiences for each resident every day. We are constantly innovating new and better methods for enriching the lives of our senior living residents. The Brookdale experience offers much more than a place to live. Our residents share a common value: to be recognized as individuals, to lead lives with a sense of purpose and to maintain connections with people and interests that are meaningful to them.
We do this in more than 600 retirement communities, and with a wide range of innovative programs and services. Brookdale has nearly 50,000 associates whose passion, courage and true sense of partnership make Brookdale what it is.
More than a company, it is a calling.
Senior Living Solutions: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Skilled Nursing, Therapy, Hospice, Home Healthe, LifeCare, Continuing Care Retirement Communities. For more information visit: www.brookdaleliving.com
Immediate Opening: Receptionist
Job Number: 010980
Job Type: Part Time
Location: Grand Court Kansas City - 501 West 107th Street; Kansas City, MO 64114
Location Web Address: http://www.brookdaleliving.com/grand-court-kansas-city.aspx
Contact: Jimmy Wood
Key responsibilities Include:
* Greeting all visitors entering facility in a courteous, warm, and professional manner
* Promoting a positive image of the community and serving as ambassador of community to visitors
* Answering general questions regarding community to potential residents and inquiring families
* Receiving incoming phone calls and directing to proper residents and staff
* Maintaining and updating log of emergency phone numbers; Also maintaining contact information for residents and staff
* Receiving all mail for community and residents and sorting and delivering appropriately to mail locations
* Watering plants, straightening office and lobby, and preparing refreshments
* May check visitors into guest suites and ensure that questions are answered and access is granted
* May call for transportation as requested by residents; Maintaining logs on resident check in lights and visual check in; Alerting staff where residents may not appear as expected
* May routinely perform basic typing, filing, and clerical work as requested
* Maintaining community resident rosters and other community information as requested
* Responding appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or contacting appropriate internal and external parties according to established protocol
We seek the following qualifications:
* Must have a High school diploma or general education degree
* Must have a minimum of one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Must have basic knowledge of the organization in order to answer basic questions
* Must have basic typing skills along with basic knowledge of PC’s and word processing software, preferably in a Microsoft Windows environment
* Must have the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm
* Must have flexibility with schedule and be available to work days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must enjoy working with the senior population and be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level in which they are currently functioning
If you want a rewarding career enriching the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, and excellence, we invite you to consider Brookdale Senior Living. Discover more about Brookdale Senior Living at BrookdaleLiving.com.
HOW TO APPLY : Please send your updated resume to Jimmy Wood at JWood2@brookdaleliving.com or apply online at www.brookdalecareers.com using Job Number 010980.
Brookdale Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug free work place.
admin, administrative, administrative assistant, administrative clerk, assistant, clerical, clerk, desk, front, reception, receptionist, secretary, Kansas City, MO
Over the brook, and through the dale to grandmother's house we go! Brookdale Senior Living operates assisted and independent living...