This position is responsible for providing receptionist and phone switchboard operator support for the Murray Hill site. The position is also responsible for providing administrative support for the Facility Services Group.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure that all visitors are properly greeted and logged into the site visitor management system. Identify, then notify, proper Murray Hill Facility hosts promptly.
- Act as the security guard for the assigned lobby.
- Provide primary coverage for phone calls to the Murray Hill site main switchboard. Process all calls and inquiries properly.
- Execute emergency phone call contact procedures as noted in the Murray Hill site emergency procedures book.
- Maintain the Murray Hill site conference room schedule.
- Must report to work on-time and work overtime as required to provide lobby coverage.
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned for the Facility Services Group.
- Maintain Murray Hill Facility Information Databases inclusive of visitor management systems and site cost and invoice tracking spreadsheets.
Additional Desirable Qualifications Skills and Knowledge:
- Must have superior interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must have a general proficiency in the use of typical office computer desktop software (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to understand and execute written site emergency contact procedures.
- Must maintain an appearance and demeanor that is consistent with the dress code and professional work atmosphere expected at the Bard Corporate Headquarters.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Must be able to read and comprehend moderate level work instructions.
- Must be able to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to visitors, customers and other employees of the organization.
- Must apply sound reasoning skills when carrying out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Must be a self-starter with the initiative to perform job responsibilities without direct supervision.
Education and/or Experience:
High school education or equivalent preferred.
Three (3) years of corporate receptionist or corporate security guard experience is preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit for extended periods of time. The ability to answer a telephone is required, as well as the ability to speak to and listen to visitors. Good vision is needed to support security responsibilities for lobby coverage.
C. R. Bard is no upstart in the world of medical devices. The company has been in the business for more than a century and introduced the...