The Receptionist is accountable for general receptionist and administrative duties, and supporting and assisting the Office Manager and New York office senior staff in managing the day to day operations of the New York office of CFA Institute. The assistant’s responsibilities include answering telephone calls, screening and relaying calls, taking messages, greeting and escorting visitors, receiving and sorting deliveries, assisting with the execution of events and meetings, helping to maintain the tidy and professional appearance of common areas within the office and generally providing administrative, logistical and clerical support. This role will also execute professional administrative support activities for members of the New York office on an as-needed basis. This work includes typing, preparing and revising documents and presentations, handling travel and expense submissions and project and coordination support.
The position will be headquartered in New York, New York and will be supported by the Office Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of calls, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Monitors visitor access and issues passes when required.
- Receives, sorts, and routes deliveries; maintains and routes publications.
- Maintains the tidy and professional appearance of common areas within the office.
- Assists with onsite event and meeting logistics including operating AV equipment, space planning, arranging for meals and refreshments and interacting with vendors.
- Assists with routine administrative support tasks as requested, including expense processing, travel arrangements, taking meeting notes, filing, document editing, preparation of presentations, and performing other day-to-day administrative and clerical functions
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED required; Business diploma preferred; Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 2 years of general office experience
- Fluency in English required
- Ability to handle ad hoc incidents
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal, listening, and presentation
- Ability to use standard office software, such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Must demonstrate good judgment.
- Be able to meet deadlines, and work under pressure
- Very high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Flexibility in competently juggling competing priorities and changing expectations
- Occasional lifting required up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to consistently move throughout the facility, occasionally for extended periods of time.
- Energy to put in the hours of concentrated work necessary to achieve goals while maintaining a positive attitude
- Evening, early morning and weekend work occasionally required
Possible travel to Charlottesville based offices occasionally.
This job description is a summary of job requirements and duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all areas of responsibilities.