The Receptionist is responsible for answering and transferring incoming telephone calls and shall respond to all calls from CalOptima members, providers, CalOptima staff and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner. The Receptionist is the first person that most CalOptima visitors will come into contact with and he/she shall greet visitors, who may include CalOptima members, providers, vendors, and the general public, in a professional manner. In addition, the Receptionist will run reports, draft reception desk procedures, validate parking, process member ID card requests, receive requisitions/packages/ letters (back-up only for mail room), prepare disposable badges for all CalOptima visitors, and work on other projects as assigned. The Receptionist must be fluent in English/Spanish.
- Answer incoming calls in a timely manner, avoiding “dropped calls” due to excessive wait time and follow established procedures on how to handle type of incoming call.
- Accurately transfer incoming calls to the requested party or department in a timely fashion.
- Greet visitors in a warm, professional manner, and make contact with the party the visitor wishes to meet with.
- Ensure that each visitor enters his or her name, his or her company name, and the name of the person he or she wishes to visit into the visitor log.
- Prepare a disposable badge for each visitor to wear while on premises at CalOptima.
- Receive incoming requisitions/packages/letters and follow established procedures to ensure delivery to appropriate CalOptima staff.
- Run daily and prepare monthly call reception reports
- Process all member urgent ID card requests.
- Draft and update reception desk procedures and processes.
- Report phone switch board and other reception desk equipment issues to appropriate staff.
- Validate all visitor parking passes appropriately and maintain sufficient inventory of parking passes at all times.
- Other projects & duties as assigned.
- Verbally communicate with CalOptima members, providers, employees at all levels, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Friendly and courteously greet visitors to CalOptima.
- Operate a switch board; including answering and transferring a heavy volume of incoming telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Efficiently utilize a personal computer outfitted with the Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Follow all reception desk procedures and processes.
- Perform a variety of tasks while ensuring incoming calls and company visitors are attended to in a timely manner.
- Keep immediate and surrounding work area neat and organized, in a manner consistent with a front office reception environment.
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality records.
- Work in a fast paced and constant changing environment.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a Receptionist in a professional office setting, using a phone switch board, or similar equipment.
- Must possess good oral communication and computer skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
- Rules of conduct for a professional office setting.
- Reception switch board operations.
- Personal computer equipment and standard Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
CalOptima is an integrated health care system that administers health insurance programs for Orange County children, low income families,...