The Receptionist is responsible for answering and transferring incoming telephone calls and shall respond to all calls from CalOptima members, providers, CalOptima staff and the general public in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner. The Receptionist is the first person that most CalOptima visitors will come into contact with and he/she shall greet visitors, who may include CalOptima members, providers, vendors, and the general public, in a professional manner. In addition, the Receptionist will run reports, draft reception desk procedures, validate parking, process member ID card requests, receive requisitions/packages/ letters (back-up only for mail room), prepare disposable badges for all CalOptima visitors, and work on other projects as assigned. The Receptionist must be fluent in English/Spanish.
- Answer incoming calls in a timely manner, avoiding “dropped calls” due to excessive wait time and follow established procedures on how to handle type of incoming call.
- Accurately transfer incoming calls to the requested party or department in a timely fashion.
- Greet visitors in a warm, professional manner, and make contact with the party the visitor wishes to meet with.
- Ensure that each visitor enters his or her name, his or her company name, and the name of the person he or she wishes to visit into the visitor log.
- Prepare a disposable badge for each visitor to wear while on premises at CalOptima.
- Receive incoming requisitions/packages/letters and follow established procedures to ensure delivery to appropriate CalOptima staff.
- Run daily and prepare monthly call reception reports
- Process all member urgent ID card requests.
- Draft and update reception desk procedures and processes.
- Report phone switch board and other reception desk equipment issues to appropriate staff.
- Validate all visitor parking passes appropriately and maintain sufficient inventory of parking passes at all times.
- Other projects & duties as assigned.
- Verbally communicate with CalOptima members, providers, employees at all levels, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Friendly and courteously greet visitors to CalOptima.
- Operate a switch board; including answering and transferring a heavy volume of incoming telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Efficiently utilize a personal computer outfitted with the Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Follow all reception desk procedures and processes.
- Perform a variety of tasks while ensuring incoming calls and company visitors are attended to in a timely manner.
- Keep immediate and surrounding work area neat and organized, in a manner consistent with a front office reception environment.
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality records.
- Work in a fast paced and constant changing environment.
Experience & Education
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years experience working as a Receptionist in a professional office setting, using a phone switch board, or similar equipment.
- Must possess good oral communication and computer skills.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required.
- Rules of conduct for a professional office setting.
- Reception switch board operations.
- Personal computer equipment and standard Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
CalOptima - 13 months ago