Function as support for the dental office at the front desk. This position is a combination of patient interaction and basic paperwork administration under the direction of the Office Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Exercise excellent customer service while interacting with patients both over the phone and in person.
- Check in patients and complete patient registration under the direction of the Office Manager.
- Schedule patient appointments within operational standards.
- Confirm patient appointments two (2) business days prior to the patients’ appointments.
- Complete insurance verifications two (2) business days prior to patients’ visits to determine coverage and benefit limits and link insurance in EagleSoft, as directed by office manager.
- Assist with check out process with each patient by reviewing charts to ensure that all information is written properly and procedures are documented and match the signed routing slip that the Doctor has submitted.
- File patient charts on a daily basis.
- Participate in morning huddle, chart review and all routine office meetings as necessary.
- Participate in monthly checklist activities as assigned.
- Keep front desk area clean and neat.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Qualifications (Experience, Education, Licensure, Certification)
- Basic clerical and administrative skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with professional and courteous phone etiquette.
- Basic knowledge of insurance and dental terminology helpful.
- Working knowledge of Internet Explorer and Microsoft Word required; knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Experience with dental software such as EagleSoft preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Previous insurance and/or dental office experience preferred.
Coast Dental Services, Inc. - 7 months ago
West Coast Dental is a group of multi-specialty dental practices that was established in 1991 to provide comprehensive dental care to...