The Receptionist acts as liaison for all persons calling or visiting Colliers International.
Location: Detroit, MI
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
- Answers and routes all incoming telephone calls for all personnel within the Detroit office.
- Presents a courteous, helpful manner to all callers and takes accurate messages when necessary.
- Welcomes guests/clients/vendors that visit the office. Directs them to proper contact and ensures they are comfortable while they wait, i.e., offers and provides beverages if requested.
- Maintains accurate record of anticipated date and time of return of personnel who are out of the office.
- Assist with commission invoicing and processing payroll.
- Maintain the office calendar.
- Ability to be communicate and collaborate effectively with Accounting or Accounts Payable.
- Picks up, sorts, and distributes all incoming mail. Posts mail and prepares for evening pickup.
- Maintains log for conference room reservations.
- Maintains log for all validations.
- Receives, distributes and notifies recipients of all incoming faxes. Maintains fax equipment and monitors supplies.
- Responsible for office supply ordering and inventory maintenance.
- Cleans main kitchen area at the end of the day, and makes coffee throughout the day (if necessary).
- Processes requests for messenger service, Federal Express deliveries and Blue Print service.
- Performs light typing as requested and provides assistance to support staff in collating, stapling, stuffing and posting mailings.
- Assists with day-to-day upkeep of office including keeping reception area lobby, pantry, conference rooms, and supply areas in an orderly condition.
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
Compensation and Benefits
- Must be a high school graduate with strong communication skills.
- Receptionist/light office experience desired with skill in relating to people.
- Must have good command of English language, a pleasant telephone voice, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs. Minimum typing speed: 45 WPM.
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated commercial...