- Answer telephones promptly and professionally.
- Schedules primary care visits and appointments according to an established standardized appointment system.
- Serves as a resource to the public by answering routine questions regarding the HMO and PPO Plans and basic routine questions about center operations.
Handles customer service needs or channels them to the most appropriate individuals.
- Resolve simple patient issues.
- Extend a prompt, polite and professional greeting to all patients and visitors.
- Notify appropriate center personnel of patient arrivals and prepares appropriate documentation.
- Verify patient insurance information, per plan policy.
- Collects and logs co-payments and payments received for medical services rendered, and submits it with receipt to the Center Administrator or designee. Acts as outgoing cashier.
- Contacts patients one day, prior to scheduled appointment to verify upcoming appointments.
- Maintains data concerning encounters/visits for monthly reporting.
- Secures completion of appropriate forms from fee-for-service patients, as well as pertinent information on cases of workers' compensation, motor vehicle accidents, and other liability cases.
- Coordinates medical records retrieval with the Medical Records Department for scheduled visits and patient requests for phone consultation with nursing staff and primary care physician.
- Initiates new patient processing by obtaining a copy of the membership card, picture Identification and acquiring needed patient signatures.
- Maintains professional conduct and appearance, and ensures that waiting area and reception area (s) are clean and tidy at all times.
- Assumes the additional duties of others in his or her absence.
- Arranges patient transportation for patients in need, to facilitate appointments with their Primary Care Physician.
- Maintains patient and business confidentiality at all times and treats patients, the public and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Cross-trained in other center job functions as requested by Center Administrator.
- High school graduate
- One year previous medical office front desk experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and data entry skills preferred
- Bilingual required, English and Spanish
- Knowledge of medical terminology, ICD-9 & CPT 4 coding helpful
- Considerable emphasis on customer service
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
Continucare - 15 months ago
Continucare continues to care for South and Central Florida's Medicare recipients. The company provides primary care medical services...