Hours: Monday thru Friday 8:30 am - 5 pm
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor in representing CN Corporate Security
- Implement, uphold, and enforce all security, safety, and loss prevention policies and procedures as per operations guidelines
- Remain at the Reception/Security desk during shift unless conducting a tour, assisting personnel, or addressing a security/safety issue
- Enforce all parking procedures for the facility.
- Keep desk and work area neat and clean at all times.
- Receive and process all visitors, vendors, and contractors to the facility. Check for a valid photo ID and ensure that the individual signs in and out as well as putting them in contact with the proper personnel. Issue a temporary access card as needed.
- Maintain office and emergency equipment.
- Allow only persons with a valid Condé Nast issued access card onto/into the facility without challenge.
- Complete a mandatory (2) walking patrols of the entire interior and exterior of the facility daily using the Tour Trax system to log each tour. One tour should be completed at the beginning and the end of each shift. On each tour check for and address all security and safety related issues. Complete additional tours as necessary (e.g. checking for leaks during a thunderstorm).
- Address in a timely manner any security and safety related issues or concerns.
- Monitor and maintain all CCTV, access, and alarm systems to observe all activity taking place at the facility.
- Respond in a timely manner to all phone calls, e-mails, and messages.
- Process security badge requests and address badge issues as required.
- Provide first aid/CPR to all persons in need.
- Assist personnel as needed (e.g. assist with shipping and receiving).
- Keep in close communication with the SOC, CN Corporate Security, and facility personnel.
- All significant incidents are to be documented and forwarded to the SOC.
- Assist CN Investigations Group in conducting investigations at the facility.
- Keep a close liaison with local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Assist CN Corporate Security in contracting outside services as needed to conduct duties at the facility as well as assisting the contractors while they are on site (e.g. Diebold tech to fix a camera issue).
- Activate and operate the CN alternate Security Operations Center during a Crisis situations, including but not limited to:
- CN mass notification system
- Alarm monitoring (US facilities)
- International Travel Security
- Answer security emergency number and emails
- Any other duty assigned by the Security Systems Supervisor or Manager.
Excellent Administrative skills
Excellent analytical skills
Able to sit for up to 8 hours at a time
Able to stand for up to 8 hours at a time
Able to work shifts of up 12 hours
Speak and write fluent English
Excellent verbal and communicative skills
Excellent computer skills
Ability to write detailed incident reports
High School Diploma
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Covenant Services Worldwide - 21 months ago