The receptionist must have at least three years of significant administrative support work experience, preferably within the private school industry or a similar fast—paced and high volume environment. A BS degree may substitute for work experience. The receptionist must have speed and accuracy in a wide variety of computer skills.
Significant evening hours are required in order that evening students may have the same high level of service as day students. Weekend and holiday hours may also be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meet and greet visitors to the school (when located at the front desk) with an unfailing positive attitude and courtesy. Make a professional and positive first impression.
2. Handle a multi—line busy phone. Answer and transfer incoming phone calls with an unfailing positive attitude and courtesy. Keep a phone log as required.
3. Monitor incoming Internet contacts and quickly transfer those to the appropriate person.
4. Attend and significantly contribute to staff/faculty meetings within the school and maintain meeting minutes as directed.
5. Enter data, as directed, into the institution’s computerized data system. Ensure that information contained therein is accurate, entered in a timely fashion, and backed up to guard against loss of crucial data.
6. Run computerized reports on a regular basis as directed by the school director.
7. Be knowledgeable of and follow all state, accrediting, and financial aid compliance standards in a timely and complete manner.
8. Maintain and secure institutional procedural manuals and other documentation required by state, accrediting, and federal agencies.
9. Attend regular student services activities including: new student orientation, graduation ceremonies, holiday parties, student education achievement award ceremonies, and provide students with information in areas such as child care and transportation.
10. Assist and support the admission’s team by being available to meet, distribute documents, and/or administer entrance testing to prospective new students as directed by the school director.
11. Be interested in and knowledgeable of departmental details in all areas of the school’s operation.
12. Follow all procedures and standards as defined by Education Affiliates Inc.
13. Complete all other tasks as assigned by the school director.
STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR
- The receptionist shall promote a positive and motivational working and learning environment with an emphasis upon the success of each student.
- The receptionist shall promote an atmosphere of trust and respect among all of the school’s departments and shall understand the necessary interdependence of all departments in order to create the best overall school environment
- The receptionist shall ensure that discrimination of any kind is not supported or nurtured and shall take action to support acceptance and tolerance.
- The receptionist shall be willing to support the institution’s purpose, goals, objectives, and agreements as a condition of employment.
- The receptionist shall always speak supportively of all corporate/school staff, faculty, students, prospective students, and visitors, refraining from any gossip, or negative or derogatory statements of any nature.
- The receptionist shall network effectively with other Education Affiliates receptionists and administrative assistants and Education Affiliates corporate personnel in order to utilize materials and techniques that already exist within the EA corporation.
- The receptionist shall obey all laws and regulations of the surrounding community and shall conduct himself/herself in such a way, within the community, as to reflect positively upon the school.
- The receptionist shall immediately ask for assistance from the school director if he/she is uncertain of the appropriate action to handle any issue within the school.
Education Affiliates Inc. - 14 months ago