Posting Start Date:
Posting End Date:
Open Until Filled
Grade 8 - $9.48 per hour minimum starting salary
Exempt or Non-Exempt:
Financial Aid & Scholarships
Flexible work schedule specifics:
Will work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department.
Hours per week:
up to 25
Weeks per year:
Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Generally responsible for answering incoming phone calls, directing calls to appropriate parties, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies and additional clerical duties.
1. Answers telephone and directs the caller to the appropriate party. Take and deliver messages and/or transfer calls to voicemail. May schedule appointments.
2. Greets and directs guests.
3. Provides information to callers or visitors.
4. Receives sorts and forwards incoming mail.
5. Type memos, correspondence, reports or other documents.
6. Perform accurate data entry into various databases.
7. Perform a variety of other clerical duties (e.g. photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.).
8. Resolve simple problems or issues as they arise (e.g. resolve space issues).
Essential Responsibilities Continued:
1. May provide backup clerical support to the department.
2. Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
Does Not Supervise
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Visual Acuity: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
Work Environment: Quiet conditions.
Environmental Conditions: Position requires close visual acuity to perform activities (i.e. preparing/analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer monitor; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines; using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes).
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
2. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook) and use of the Internet.
3. Type a minimum of 20 words per minute.
1. Previous experience using databases, including enterprise-wide databases (e.g. Datatel).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position is open until filled. This employment site is updated on a regular basis. The length of the recruitment and screening process may vary from position to position, depending upon a variety of factors. Should review of your qualifications result in a decision to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email.
Elgin Community College Support Staff of Elgin Community College Association (SSECCA) members that apply by 1/09/2012 and meet the posted minimum qualifications will receive full consideration.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document for information related to the ECC Hiring Process and Applicant Tracking System.
Candidate's invited to campus for an interview will be required to take and pass the following test: Typing, Word, and Excel.
Materials Required to Complete the Application Process for this Position:
Quicklink for Posting:
Elgin Community College - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard